Author Topic: Das Werk  (Read 402 times)

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
Das Werk
« on: July 31, 2019, 06:16:01 am »
In a possible sign of a reaction to the super detailed model which you spend an age on fitting the interior out and then can't see a thing Das Werk are releasing some of their 1/35 Panther kits without the normal interior fittings.

Has the pendulum started to swing or did they simply not have enough interior sprues moulded ?
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
Re: Das Werk
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:33:41 am »
Miniart (I think - correct me if i'm wrong) produce two versions of their more detailed armour - with and without interior.  A good idea if you ask me.

But if you were not satisfied with the trials and tribulations of fitting out a 1/35 interior, I have a Hobby Boss T34 with full interior detail (including engine & transmission) in 1/48.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:13:55 am »
I also think it's a good idea.

Interestingly the IBG Crusader AA tank I'm going to build has taken the minimalist approach to the running gear and track assembly which is one of the reasons I bought it.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:22:08 am »
I don't like rubber band tracks but I can see that the novelty of working individual link tracks would very quickly wear off.  Link and length seems to be a good compromise in 1/35 and 1/48.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:04 am »
I don't like rubber band tracks but I can see that the novelty of working individual link tracks would very quickly wear off.  Link and length seems to be a good compromise in 1/35 and 1/48.

The IBG Crusader has the tracks moulded complete with the inside of the running gear and you attach the individual outer running gear parts to that. Very simple and in 1/72 very practical especially as the Crusader has minimal track sag, if any.
Decals my @r$e!

Offline salt6

• Scratchbuilds the entire model
    • http://www.salt6.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 11:42:00 am »
Cost.  Lower the price, to pick up sales of the guys that want good detail but don't want to spend the money on an interior they won't use.
Steve B

"The time has come,
         The Walrus said,
     To talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships
         and sealing wax
      Of cabbages and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot
      And whether pigs have wings."

Offline Old Wombat

• Armour: The Gods of War love it!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 02:32:56 am »

Yes!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Offline rickshaw

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 06:50:04 pm »
I actually prefer the rubber band style of track - if they are molded well,  I look with horror at the amount of work required by individual track links or even link and length tracks.  I am, I know, a lazy modeller.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Offline NARSES2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 06:17:43 am »
I don't think I ever found a practical solution to joining those old Airfix tracks. In the end I'd be nice to my mum for a few days and she'd sew them together for me  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Offline zenrat

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:39 am »
I used to put  the join over a return roller behind a skirt if possible, or under road wheel if not, and then flood it with tube glue.  It made a sticky mess which adhered to the styrene part it was sat on/under.  Never very satisfactory.
Fred