Reliant Robin Model Query

Started by Cobra, May 18, 2011, 10:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was surfing Google after watching a Video on Youtube, trying to learn about a Car, the Reliant Robin. Can Anyone Tell me if there are Any models of that Car Available? kinda Curious to know. I'll Try and Post the Video or a Link to it when i can. Thanks for looking.Dan

beowulf

other than diecasts of the Trotter one i dont think so......cept for the rare Airfix Bond Bug
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Hobbes

Cobra,

this is the sort of question that can easily be answered by using a search engine.

http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&q=%22reliant+robin%22+model+kit

Nick

Cobra

Not Quite,Nick! Top Gear did a segment where they tried to turn a Reliant Robin into a Space Shuttle! i faved a Verserion of it on youtube. Hobbes, the Question came about After i used Google,not before.Dan

Hobbes

OK, but the search URL I posted gives a fairly complete answer: no plastic kits, there are some 1:43 diecast models, and there's a paper model of the Reliant Robin Space Shuttle.

Cobra

that was my next search. don't mean to be Testy about. i Even went to Squadrom Mail order, and Batted 0! Dan

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on May 19, 2011, 02:33:38 AM
Would it have been this clip?
Reliant Robin Top Gear  ;D

Why DO some people, Top Gear among them sometimes, insist on reversing the manufacturer and model? It's a RELIANT ROBIN, not a Robin Reliant. So nice that people here get it correct.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

hmmm dont know if there is a kit of the plastic pig out there in any scale, as the others have said, there are a few diecasts out there thou
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

raafif

a car best forgotten -- as a passenger in one, I can say that the Robin feels very tipsy & dangerous -- TopGear & Mr Bean do not exaggerate !
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Radish

http://www.3wheelers.com/mycars.html

This website belongs to a former pupil of mine....he's written a book too.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Martin H

Quote from: raafif on May 21, 2011, 03:54:47 PM
a car best forgotten -- as a passenger in one, I can say that the Robin feels very tipsy & dangerous -- TopGear & Mr Bean do not exaggerate !

While I was in the 6th form I had a weekend job rounding up shopping trolly's in a local shopping center carpark. We used to take back 20-30 at a time . On my first day there, while being shown around by the supervisor, we saw one of the then old hands swing a line of trolly's around a corner only to clip a Robins front wing as it tried to take the same corner in the opposite direction at speed. it flipped over onto its roof. Poor bugger inside was left dumped head first on to its roof. We couldnt stop laughing as we helped him out of the wreck.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

raafif

Quote from: Radish on June 04, 2011, 04:51:31 AM

One's mind boggles to think what you were teaching him!  :blink:

panto, cross-dressing with Style, strippng, pole dancing etc etc ? ...
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

rickshaw

Quote from: Radish on June 04, 2011, 04:51:31 AM

You have taught him well.  Excellent site.  Interesting subject.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.