Author Topic: Plusmodel  (Read 223 times)

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Don't laugh at his mule
Plusmodel
« on: July 03, 2020, 02:20:59 am »
Plusmodel have released two injection moulded versions of the Ryan Firebee, a KDA-1 and BQM-34.  The BQM-34 comes in two boxings, with or without a loading trolley.

You get two models in the box, along with several pylons for different aircraft.

https://www.plusmodel.cz/en/KDA-1-Firebee

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067226-172-ryan-kda-1bqm-34-firebee-by-plus-model-released/

I can think of all sorts of things you could whiff with a Firebee.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
Re: Plusmodel
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 03:46:15 am »
What a fascinating looking device, or devices.  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Online zenrat

• Currently on double secret probation.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 05:04:33 am »

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067226-172-ryan-kda-1bqm-34-firebee-by-plus-model-released/

Miserable bunch over there aren't they.

These look great.  Would there be enough room to squeeze a pilot into one?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

My name is Commander William Riker.  Take me to your women.

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 05:22:02 am »

Would there be enough room to squeeze a pilot into one?

They're 21 ft long, 12 ft span and 7 ft high, so I reckon he'd need to be a VERY small pilot.  :o

Regards
Kit

Online zenrat

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:52 am »
I'll hold out hope for a 48th or 35th version then and scalorama it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Offline NARSES2

• Nick was always on his mind - just ask the Pet Shop Boys
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 06:26:11 am »
I'll hold out hope for a 48th or 35th version then and scalorama it.

Or use a 1/144 pilot figure ?
Decals my @r$e!

Offline The Wooksta!

• Resident Soup Dragon
  • What-IF SIG
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 06:38:28 am »

Yes.  The Mods have clamped down on any dissent or real humour, what if's have their own sub forum - ostensibly and claimed by Mike to showcase them but in my eyes it's just a f*cking ghetto to keep them away from the serious builds, so the purists don't get too upset.  I ignore that forum and post anything - rare these days - into the normal aircraft forums.  Sorry mate, I haven't pushed and promoted this side of the hobby for 25 years to be shoved into a ghetto as it's now being widely accepted by the mainstream.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner."

"An inaccurate parcel of dog turds!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,34762.0.ht

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 07:52:47 am »
The BQM-34 might work as a small 1/72 turboprop with a boom, the KDA-1 as a turbojet.

I've also thought before that the KDA-1 looks like the engineering hull of a Starfleet ship...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 08:01:35 am »

Yes.  The Mods have clamped down on any dissent or real humour, what if's have their own sub forum - ostensibly and claimed by Mike to showcase them but in my eyes it's just a f*cking ghetto to keep them away from the serious builds, so the purists don't get too upset.  I ignore that forum and post anything - rare these days - into the normal aircraft forums.  Sorry mate, I haven't pushed and promoted this side of the hobby for 25 years to be shoved into a ghetto as it's now being widely accepted by the mainstream.

I thought that when I posted it, the default response for several members is to complain, even if there's nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

Offline Leading Observer

• Observation - The most enduring of life's pleasure
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 01:58:47 pm »
I love the Canadian Lancaster and Drone combo :wub:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Online Rheged

• Growing older is inevitable, growing up isn't!
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 02:26:53 pm »

Would there be enough room to squeeze a pilot into one?

They're 21 ft long, 12 ft span and 7 ft high, so I reckon he'd need to be a VERY small pilot.  :o

A pilot isn't totally impossible. They did manage to squeeze a pilot into the GAF Jindivik (the Pika variant)

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Online zenrat

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2020, 07:09:22 pm »

I thought that when I posted it, the default response for several members is to complain, even if there's nothing to complain about. :rolleyes:

One model car forum I could name is full of people like that.  When a new mould is released all they can do is pick it to pieces.  Despite the fact they have been clamouring for more new subjects.  Nothing is ever good enough for them (except maybe a good thrashing).

A pair, or four, Firebees might make interesting underwing nacelles for a larger whiff.
Fred

Offline PR19_Kit

• Closeted Take That fan
  • What-IF SIG
  • Whiffing since the 70s
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 04:53:22 am »

A pair, or four, Firebees might make interesting underwing nacelles for a larger whiff.

Or ten of them under a B-36?  ;D

Regards
Kit