Bring your own Fighter.. RAF Style - Valiant with Parasite Fighters - Finished

Started by buzzbomb, October 10, 2010, 04:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

right then.

To get this done.. I have extracted a digit and got onto it.. and Finished !!!

Firstly thanks for the feedback blokes.. great stuff as always. I looked up the taildog and it looked alright.. but laziness got to me and in the spares drawers I had some Redtops/Firestreakes.
So I rationalized (laziness aside) that using existing missiles with good hitting power and range outweighed (hahaha) the new missiles.

So here you have it. The Vickers Valiant Mk 5MS (Mothership)

Gnat in place on electormagnetic launch/recovery booms

I went for Prototype Yellow undersurfaces to give a nice colour contrast. With Dorsal Gnat fitted. I fitted an external heat plate under the fuselage as protection against the Gnat's exhaust
from the recessed bay

I tried to stick as far as practicable to timeline colours.. but the scheme it ended up in was the result of available paints.

I would have fitted the external/aux tanks.. but could not find them.. for a prototype.. prolly not 100% required.
Serial Decals are printed on laser printer to suit the era

Cheers

Brian T

Hobbes

PR19_Kit

MIND blowing!  :bow: :bow:

That looks really good, although I wouldn't have wanted to be the pilot  of the top Gnat, he'd be stuck in there from take-off to landing, whereas the underside guy could always get aboard and leave when he got back.

Is the top Gnat a 'paint conversion' of a trainer or have you changed the canopy etc. to make the single seater?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Cobra

Too Cool & Well Done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: No Offense, but this has a Kind of Gerry Anderson feel to it! Hope You Won't Clobber me but...Think you might try Something Similar with the Victor or Vulcan? just asking. Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

JayBee

Fantastic.
I love the different missile fit top & bottom.
I love the colour scheme.
I love the.................. Oh He11 I love it all.

:cheers: :drink: :bow: :thumbsup:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

lancer

Quote from: JayBee on December 13, 2010, 09:29:08 AM
Fantastic.
I love the different missile fit top & bottom.
I love the colour scheme.
I love the.................. Oh He11 I love it all.

:cheers: :drink: :bow: :thumbsup:

Jim

It IS rather spiffing isn't it??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

saintkatanalegacy

*can't search for a worthy word in the dictionary to describe the whiff*
:lol:
Ivylicious!™

buzzbomb

Thanks for the great feedback folks..another build I really enjoyed.

A couple of answers for what it is worth.
First up the dorsal Gnat is the Airfix kit and the canopy is just filled/painted over. The pilot is in there because.. he was in there when I started. Just laziness. The original idea I had was that the pilot and seat could be inserted into the aircraft from within the Valiant.. much the same as The Spectrum Angels pilots are in Captain Scarlet. But he has a bottle ;D

I agree the extra load on the poor old Valiant would be a major "drag".. but this is an Experimental build ;D after all

manytanks

Do you have any models at all?