Junk Tank Rock 'Talon'

Started by puddingwrestler, July 01, 2010, 05:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Weaver on July 02, 2010, 04:45:07 PM
Okay I give up: what in the Seven Hells is Junk Tank Rock when it's at home?   :huh:

It's a Japanese line of retro diesel punk models, similar to SF3D/M.aK, but much smaller. They gave us the mighty SEG 888 monobike (of which I have one, but suspect it's a chinese knock off, not an original)

And this thingee, the name of which I can never remember, but involves the word 'Beetle'

Like SF3D, they seem to have been kit thrashed from WW2 models of various sorts. The Talon started as a 1/48 Tamiya Spit (actually, the Talon is a kitbash based on a JTR kit which started as a spit, it's a racing machine apparently, and looks thus)

There is an official JTR website, but it is in Japanese, so I have no idea what is going on, and it doesn't seem to have many pictures.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Ah, I see. I found pics of the models on the web, but I assumed they were based on some anime which I couldn't find out about: cheers.

Nice to see that old-style BMW cylinder heads will make it into the future..... ;D

The beetle thang incorporates a Panther cupola, the round thing on the front is the Panther's hull MG suround and it has Sherman VVSS units behind it's leg shields. Also, the smoke dischargers on that and the bike are aerospace fasteners: I could probably get you the part number on Monday! ;D

The water effect on the bike model is absolutely brilliant!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: GTX on July 02, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on July 02, 2010, 03:11:26 AM
Bit too long and low to be useful.  You'd find you'd be scraping your botton on every speed hump in the supermarket carpark!   :o

Bah!!!

You won't be saying that when you spill the milk and the wife complains about the smell after a few days in an Australian summer!   :lol:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

That Talon calls out to be in British Racing Green with a white number on its side seeing it has a driver that looks as if he is from the 50's or 60's

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

puddingwrestler

Okay, so the TALON is based on the VIPER from the JTR series.
This is the VIPER in racing colours:

(source)
Shots of unbuilt version on RM Garage Kits store here.

puddingwrestler

More stuff in a similar style from MiG Productions:
Martian Light Hover Tank

There's also a range of WW2 style crab tanks (Crab Tank: Noun. A form of mech which employs more than two legs, usually four.)
They also do various nice real world stuff.