Antonot float plane.

Started by chrisonord, May 23, 2010, 09:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Here is something that turned out completely different to  how I wanted to build and paint it. It was going to be a cartel transport plane and be camouflaged. Anyhow the bottom set of wings just would not fit properly as there was a massive gap either side of the fuselage that would not look right filled with putty. So the the plane became a monoplane, and while I was at it, changed the nose cone and prop for one off a Wellington bomber, and it fit straight on, which is nice, and decided to stick some floats on it that came with my matchbox twin otter. Then I thought sod it and went the whole hog and made it a civilian hi-viz pollution control aircraft, working out of Canada......somewhere :huh: :rolleyes:
The kit is the NU-BEE one and doesn't have a cockpit, so I thought I would just black it along with the side windows as part of what the aircrafts purpose is. The windows are polarised so the crew can see through the surface glimmer on the sea, or lake and be able to spot pollution/oil slicks easier. The markings are from the spare decal box and from our very own Captain Canada  :thumbsup:I still need to put the other 2 decals on he sent to me, which I will put on the wings.

Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ed S

Looks good.  With that single wing, you could probably confuse a lot of JMN's trying to figure out which DHC bush plane this one was.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Love it, especially the weathering/chipped paint.  Very cool idea, too.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Cobra

Great Work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and a Very Clever Idea! Really Cool Paint & Decal work,Makes me a Bit Jealous that you can do that! Keep up the Great Work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:Dan

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments guys,
This thing took a long time to build and complete as I had been pretty ill due to my kidney stone fiasco, and my concentration had been kicked into the weeds. There are a few mistakes on it as some will have seen, the floats are not on straight, and there are a few iffy bits with the paint too.
I am trying to get a USMC F-22 finished off too that had become hard work also.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sauragnmon

Looks awesome, chris - the paint chipping look came out real good on the paint scheme.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.