Source of various unusual figure parts sought (Cowboys, SF)

Started by puddingwrestler, March 04, 2010, 08:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

I've got an idea for a diorama which will need some fairly serious figure conversion work (it's inspired by old 2000AD comics, and in 1/35th), but this could possibly be averted or minimised by the use of the right figures. The dio will feature future cowboys ina  desert setting - one will probably be a cyborg. What I want to know is this: are there any 1:32 or 1:35 cowboy kits out there? I'd prefer plastic. Also any decent SF figures in similar scales which could be used as atleast a basis. I want the figues to be 'at rest' - I have a set of ICM or MiniArt (can't remember which) Russian soldiers in 'at rest' poses and eating poses, I'd like to convert some of those as the poses are good.
Anything would be appreciated - also any good sources of interesting gubbins and doohickeys for converting 1:32 and 1:35 figures, making bionic parts etc. etc.

Just the whet the appetites of other UK comics fans; the whole idea is based on one of the vehicles appearing in the very first Nemesis The Warlock story - Terror Tube. And it's not the Blitzspear or the Gunola.

Exits leaving 2000ad fans scratching thier heads.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

Owen,
Lots of 1/32nd or 54mm cowboys everywhere from the Dollar Stores, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.  Only thing is they are that dang soft plastic.  Also found this one advertised in the UK.
http://www.modelsforsale.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=81421

Otherwise, probably going to find them in metal.
http://www.frontiermodels.co.uk/Cowboys-Indians-p-1-c-348.html

Couldn't find any 32nd scale stagecoaches, only bigger or smaller.

You could probably cast some parts off the soft figures to use with the other bits...
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Army of One

Not sure if Airfix did some cowboy/indian sets in 1/32......
Rogue Trooper......nuff said
I remember the prog that story was in but can't remember the vehicle.......I collected 2000AD the week before Rogue Trooper started...the first RT n not Friday.......can't remember when I stopped....prob early '90s....have got the progs with the VC's in as well.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

deathjester

I have lots of 25mm scale 'gubbins' suitable for sci-fi figures.  where in the world are you?

puddingwrestler

South Gippsland, Australia, however I need 1/32 or 1/35 which is 54mm.
Squishy plastic cowboys are not common in this country, nor do I really want to use such foul plastic. It would sully my workbench or something.
Airfix cowboys only came in 1/76 as far as I can tell - certainly the only ones I have found are that scale.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

How much??? Blimey......how about trying IMEX......according to the Pocketbond catalogue they do a lot of 1/32;54mm figs....lots of Yank civil war stuff,plenty of horses n carriages/cannons...not sure what they made of......Timpo in the same catalogue do 54mm figs item 43502 for cowboys n 43503 for the Injuns! hope this helps.....H

Just reading on.....it states that most of the 1/72 scale figs in thw IMEX range are available in 1/32.....they should do a stage coach and a conestoga wagon....pack of Sioux injuns,pilgrims,American pioneers...loads
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

puddingwrestler

I had a look at the Imex website - regretabbly the only 1/32 items available in the 'american history' series, which includes the cowboys, are the war of independance figures... There are some civil war things in 1/32, but they don't seem right. Sigh.

Army of One

Ooops.....sorry,I was just going on what was sent in the pocketbond catalogue I got with my SAMI.....Have you contacted Pocketbond to see if they have any stock.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

I just phoned pocketbond......the chap was really helpful and will email me what stock they have in 1/32:54mm wearing 10 gallon hats/feathers...soon as he does I will forward it,you wanna pm me an email addy?........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!