PMMS - Perth Military Modelling Site

Started by nev, November 03, 2009, 10:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: Terry AshleyI have just seen that a thread on Fine Scale Modeller has a posting from Brian Balkwill spreading more of his outright lies, yet the thread has been locked leaving this bile intact while I'm denied the right to reply, shame on you Fine Scale Modeller.

This is the last straw as I am sick and tied of my integrity being used as football while others seem to behave like they are on some moral high ground and can say anything unchallenged.

I am sick and tied of spending endless hours for the benefit of modellers only to have to put up with this from overtly dishonest people with a track record of lying and abusing site owners who don't do their bidding.

Seeing as my integrity is expendable because people have better things to do, well so do I. I'm sick of spending endless hours busting my gut for ungrateful people all too willing to stand by and do nothing while believe any rubbish put forward from overtly dishonest people.

As a consequence I am closing this site as you people seem happy to accept lies put about endlessly, get the bullies and company stooges to provide you with accurate and honest reviews, I'm sure they can fill the bill.

So the bullies win, hope you all happy now.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=148027&page=1

This kind of thing is not only unbelievable, but completely unacceptable.  I felt a little sick watching it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8aKkoPV7Dg
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

I'm not familiar with PMMS, what is/was it?

EDIT: Okay, just found it, The Perth Military Modeling Site.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PanzerWulff

That BLOWS  >:( I regularly check PMMS to see if theres a write up on a kit I'm interested in His reviews more than once prevented me from screwing up some rather costly kits (My DML 1/35 Early Tiger I comes to mind) as Terry always seemed to point out flaws and gave helpful potential fixes from time to time.I sincerely hope he changes his mind,If not I'm gonna want to Reeeeeealy Want to Choke the Living poo-poo (with an english accent) out of those who keep bashing him (One of the main reasons I left FSM forums too manny @$$ holes there)
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

upnorth

Quote from: PanzerWulff on November 03, 2009, 11:11:52 AM
(One of the main reasons I left FSM forums too manny @$$ holes there)
"Panzer"

Yes, I know what you mean. I've sharply curtailed my presence on those forums for much the same reason over the past few years.

It's a shame as they did start out as quite good forums.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Tojo633

All
if the PMMS site is that good at providing open genuine reviews etc should we not voice our disappoval and ask Terry to reconsider his course of action and ignore the cretins that have caused him so much grief?

"Revenge is a dish that is best served cold............"
I would suggest that the site (FSM from what I gather) is causing all the problems then the simple answer is to remove all links to the offending cretins!! Cyberbullying can work both ways!!

Cheers
Sandy

JayBee

I have not viewed PMMS.
I would like to say that if you find a site that hacks you off, or whatever term you like to use.
Then just do not give it your time. It is not worth it.
Let it be. Ignore it.
Why bother getting p***ed off, when you can follow the best site in the world..........Us!

JayBee
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Maverick

Terry has also copped a serious amount of flak from Dragon regarding their kits to the point of him pulling all reviews of Dragon's stuff.

It's just a shame he can't get past the fact that these others are just tossers.

Regards,

Mav

jcf

Quote from: Tojo633 on November 03, 2009, 12:53:44 PM
All
if the PMMS site is that good at providing open genuine reviews etc should we not voice our disappoval and ask Terry to reconsider his course of action and ignore the cretins that have caused him so much grief?

"Revenge is a dish that is best served cold............"
I would suggest that the site (FSM from what I gather) is causing all the problems then the simple answer is to remove all links to the offending cretins!! Cyberbullying can work both ways!!

Cheers
Sandy

No the FSM forums site is not 'causing all the problems', and the thread has been pulled. The FSM forum is not cyberbullying PMMS.

Ashley is an ongoing beef with Balkwill over a product review and it has been playing out across various modelling forums for months.
Its pretty boring, and frankly childish on all sides.

Anyhow, its the kind of pissing match that is as old as humanity, the difference is that in this wonderful age
of the internet these things are public and everyone can join in on the fun. Lucky us.  >:(

nev

Its not just that, its the "anonymous" poster on the DML website who attacks anyone who critices Dragon in anyway.  Several prominent internet reviewers have been on the receiving end over the years.

But to set up a blog for the sole purpose of flaming a reviewer?  And doing a Downfall parody of him and posting it on Youtube?  Man, I wish my life had so little in it that I had time to do that.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Gary

My best chum for years raved about this fellow and how fantastic and unbiased his reviews are. Because it was armour I didn't pay a lot of attention to the specifics, however the style of reviews was really the best I have ever read. There is no nasty or nice in the reviews per se, simply objective lists of what is wrong, and more importantly to me, what is right.
If I ever get my club's site up, the reviews will be patterned off the PMMS reviews.

Any how, I hosted a build night last night with my buddies, watched a few movies and build kits together and I mentioned the video and my friend wanted to see it to sort out whose side the video was on. I am happy to say, the video is gone. I confess in my ignorance of the background and not knowing anything about the story I found the video funny. Then when I pieced the story completely together I was rather astonished that someone would take so much time and effort to slander one of the best reviewers on the net. This was no small effort and I am glad it is gone.

Plus I heard the PMMS dude won't back down. I think I like that even more.
Getting back into modeling

Jeffry Fontaine

Terry Ashley has made it official with the latest post to his Perth Military Modelling Site BLOG

QuoteTuesday, March 9, 2010
"The time has come" the Walrus said......
It is with some regret I have to announce that due to personal issues there will be no further updates to this site. It will remain online for the time being as it is now for reference purposes apart from the New Kit News for obvious reasons.

I won't go into the details other than to say that for various reasons I don't have the same enjoyment or desire in doing what I do as before and after 13 years I'm just so tied and it's time for a rest.

I want to again thank people for the support shown over the years and particularly during some unfortunate recent events, and especially to the site sponsors for their ongoing support and would ask modellers to support those vendors when possible.

The hobby has never been in better shape with an unprecedented number of innovative new releases announced for the future from an ever growing number of companies both big and small.

I won't be leaving the hobby and one doesn't know what the future holds, but please don't read anything into that as far the PMMS site goes. I'll simply slip back into the faceless throng of modeller's that make up the majority of the modelling communities around the World.

I have a few reviews currently been worked on which I will add over the coming days but after that it's all over bar the memories, thanks for the ride.

All the best.

Terry A
Posted by Terry Ashley at 9:56 PM
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Aircav

I've always liked PMMS because there isn't the same amount of back bitting there as there is on some other sites, its a bad day for modelling when people like Terry give up.

AMS = Arsehole modelling Shits
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Jeffry Fontaine

Well it is official.  Terry Ashley's Perth Military Modelling Site URL is now occupied by a cybersquatter.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Daryl J.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader