Photobucket Tutorial?

Started by sequoiaranger, May 18, 2009, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Quote from: scooter on October 10, 2021, 05:15:01 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 10, 2021, 02:27:17 AM
Are the procedures the same for Facebook as I have a few pictures that I know you will chat about?

Right click the picture
Select copy image link
Paste the *entire* link between the img /img tags
Thanks I'll give it a try on my tablet.

ConstanceButler

Quote from: sequoiaranger on May 18, 2009, 09:32:52 AMI have to confess I am a bit intimidated by the off-site photo-upload system most people seem to use here. I  **REALLY** liked the forum's own system, but (sigh) I guess that is history now. :angry:

Can someone "walk me through" a typical posting here using an off-site photo repository, so I can have a chance at doing it right? :unsure:
Choose an off-site photo repository: There are several options out there, such as Imgur, Flickr, and Google Photos. Choose one that suits your needs best and create an account if needed.

Upload your photo(s): Once you're logged in, find the upload button on the website and select the photo(s) you want to upload. Depending on the website, you may be able to upload multiple photos at once.

Get the share link: Once your photo(s) are uploaded, you'll need to get the share link. Look for a "share" or "embed" button on the website, and copy the link that's provided.

Insert the link into your post: Now that you have the share link, you can insert it into your post here on the forum. In the text editor, click on the "insert/edit image" button (usually looks like a mountain icon) and paste the link into the "URL" field.

Preview your post: Before submitting your post, it's a good idea to preview it to make sure your photo(s) are displaying properly. Click on the "preview" button to see how your post will look.

Submit your post: If you're happy with how your post looks, go ahead and submit it! Your photo(s) should now be visible to everyone.