CCCP/CIS Post War (WWII) Aircraft Winter Camouflage

Started by Mossie, November 30, 2008, 07:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I confess, I like it and have it on DVD :rolleyes:.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Now I have now idea why, but my profiles of potential winter schemes that I posted here ended up in a totally unrelated thread about the rules of camouflage.  So I'm re posting them:

I borrowed a few Hind profiles from Wings Palette & thought I'd have a go at re-colouring them.

First three based on Joe's advice, white over a section of the base camouflage:

Next three are on a Czech three tone camouflage, a few changes made to the base colours.

What do you think?  Might do some more based on the WWI era patterns that Jeff mentioned.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Thanks Nev, nice & simple, does look good doesn't it?

A few more, first one was an attempt to try & represent an all over distemper that was then either weathered or deliberately partially removed for thaw periods:

Next two, up to the minute digicamo, two & three tone.

Don't read into the colours too much, I'm not up on Soviet camo so any suggestions for colours are welcome.  Same with markings, it'll probably be Soviet (don't think I've got much in the way of Warsaw Pact decals).

Sauragnmon

I love those profiles, Mossie - I might borrow those colours or the idea, when I get around to doing my rotary wing builds.  I've got a few hinds I want to do a little bit of bash-jutsu on:

First, a Hind-A as if they'd continued with the greenhouse cockpit, so with optics upgrades off the -24V, to give it a more in-service look.

Second, the Hobbycraft Mi-24/35 box, because it's the only model out there anymore in serial production and thus easy to get, that shows an Mi-24P - fracking Hase pulled theirs, as did Italeri.

Third, the Hobby Boss Mi-24V, ideally with upgrades to render it into the Mi-24VM.  I'm not, at this point, sure where the hell I can come up with an Mi-28 rotor set, so I don't know if I'll do That specific upgrade, but I'll be trying to my hands on a 23mm twin gun for the chin, I'll chop the wings down to the right length, and look up the other modifications that make up the Mi-24VM.

Yes, can we tell I Like Hinds?  :wub:
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mossie

Feel free to borrow any of the schemes!  Zvezda do an Mi-28 which is still available as far as I'm aware.

nev

Simon, the voices in my head are telling me to tell you to go and propose a Winter Camo GB ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

Voices, Nev?  You been sniffing the mercury???  But those voices might be right....

Sauragnmon

The problem foremost is then I have a Havoc with no rotors.... and that... that just doesn't work too well... then I have to figure out what to do with the Havoc...

Oh I'll find something to do... though some VMs have standard blades instead of Havoc blades.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

lancer

Quote from: nev on February 10, 2009, 04:11:38 AM
Simon, the voices in my head are telling me to tell you to go and propose a Winter Camo GB ;)

Nev, the voices in my head  are telling me to second your voices proposal....A winter Cammo GB would be cool. Now where did I put those damm tablets??
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I'll see what I can do, I'll find some 'inspiration' & probably post tomorrow.

nev

Good.  The voices in my head won't be satisfied till you do. 

And don't make Lancer angry, you won't like him when he's angry.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May