Camouflage Question

Started by tinlail, November 15, 2008, 12:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinlail

Inspired by the scheme below, and urban camouflage patterns in general.
He is what I would like. A plane with four grey tones overall. With the top of the plane having the three darkest tones, and the bottom with the three lightest tones. What I am unsure of his how to handle the two colors that the top and bottom share should they wrap around? Or would it be better if all colors change in the transition from top to bottom.

Any thoughts?

Weaver

Quote from: tinlail on November 15, 2008, 12:02:23 AM
He is what I would like. A plane with four grey tones overall. With the top of the plane having the three darkest tones, and the bottom with the three lightest tones. What I am unsure of his how to handle the two colors that the top and bottom share should they wrap around? Or would it be better if all colors change in the transition from top to bottom.

Any thoughts?

Been thinking about this....

Since this is Mav's thread, I've just done a couple of colour swatches, rather than actual profiles:

On reflection, I think the second scheme is more aesthetic, but the first one is probably more disruptive.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tinlail

Quote from: Weaver on November 16, 2008, 03:58:19 AM
Quote from: tinlail on November 15, 2008, 12:02:23 AM

Any thoughts?

Been thinking about this....

Since this is Mav's thread, I've just done a couple of colour swatches, rather than actual profiles:

On reflection, I think the second scheme is more aesthetic, but the first one is probably more disruptive.
Thank you for your thoughts, I also don't want to take over Mav's thread, but he has artistic talent, and I don't. This was the other way of doing it that I thought of.
Following his notions of Lozenge I found this link http://domhyde.wordpress.com/tag/swedish-splinter-camouflage/. I think the Lozenge as being a very small pattern, and splinter as a large pattern, but I don't know if that is the definition.

Weaver

Tinlail - your scheme is the same as my second one: each colour becomes one shade lighter at the upper/lower division line.

BTW Jorel62 has a present for you here: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21829.0.html  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tinlail

I can't judge colors at all sometimes, thanks