Supersonic Gnat

Started by ysi_maniac, September 26, 2008, 11:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Yep - anything that could carry Firestreaks could carry Red Tops with a few black box changes. However I think (but I'm not sure) that either of those missiles requires a radar, because even though they're heat-seekers, they're designed to be cued onto the target by radar input.

As another customer, how about Oman?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

AFAIK Supersonic Gnat was intended to carry Radar: AI-23
Will die without understanding this world.

Army of One

Quote from: Weaver on August 06, 2009, 06:38:49 AM

1) Pretty much as supplied, but with modified aerials etc...
2) Indian
3) Centreline GSh-23, two tanks on the inners and four R-60s on twin adaptors on the outboard pylons.

I agree with this....a pair working in conjunction with a Mig 29 maybe......something like the RAF Hawks n Tornado's ADV a while back..........or........along the same lines with a Finnish colour scheme with same sort of load out...nice
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Mossie

Bump!  Any progress Carlos?  Might be worth resrurecting it for the Gnat Themed Build?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Apart from the fact that this version only has one engine, it does bear some resemblance to the Mk 5......  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Mossie on May 21, 2012, 02:01:17 PM
Bump!  Any progress Carlos?  Might be worth resrurecting it for the Gnat Themed Build?

Oh yeah. Can a moderator move this thread to "Gnat Themed Build"?

ysi_maniac

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thundereagle1997

That aircraft looks amazing although I would've given an F-16 bubble canopy for better vision twin engines which are in fact turbofan versions of the J-85-GE-21 turbojets used in the F-5E cropped wingtips for air to air missile rails twin vertical tails ( a V-tail mixed with a horizontal tail) & armor self sealing fuel tanks & non electromagnetic electronic countermeasures to protect the pilot & aircraft.

thundereagle1997

https://www.deviantart.com/armoredryukenshi1984/art/BAE-Tigergnat-Gnathawk-F-1-934224354

Here's my design of a supersonic Gnat & it's pretty badass. & yes I'm autistic if you understand that an autistic person can create amazing stuff.

Rheged

Quote from: thundereagle1997 on July 07, 2023, 11:24:46 PMhttps://www.deviantart.com/armoredryukenshi1984/art/BAE-Tigergnat-Gnathawk-F-1-934224354

Here's my design of a supersonic Gnat & it's pretty badass. & yes I'm autistic if you understand that an autistic person can create amazing stuff.

My younger son is on the Asperger's scale, but it didn't stop him earning a Masters degree in military history and the offer  of a PhD  place  if he can get the finance sorted.    All Autism means is that your brain is wired slightly differently.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet