Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I'm sitting here in my new office in Stevenage and I can see airliners at low level out of the window. A quick look at the map reveals that we are just 6.5 miles from Luton Airport and all these Easyjet* birds are on final approach.

* Obviously it's not just Easyjet. Wizzair just landed from Gdansk and another is coming in from Budapest. This could be very distracting!

Beermonster58

I'm sitting here in my flat, enjoying my coffee and, already watched the arrival of a Maersk 767-200, Air Canada 787-900 and, Qatar A350-900! What I like particularly about Edinburgh is that most of the good stuff arrives early and, usually within a short period of one another! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

NARSES2

Loads of contrails in the early morning sky, no idea what they are, but lots of them  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 20, 2024, 09:41:21 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 20, 2024, 02:54:41 AMThe SAR Training Unit used to be at Valley - does it still exist?  That may explain the Jupiters.

Or maybe they were there simply because rattling through the valleys is part of the training syllabus.

The official RAF Valley site says they are from 202 Sqdn and are based right there.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 20, 2024, 09:41:21 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 20, 2024, 02:54:41 AMThe SAR Training Unit used to be at Valley - does it still exist?  That may explain the Jupiters.

Or maybe they were there simply because rattling through the valleys is part of the training syllabus.

The official RAF Valley site says they are from 202 Sqdn and are based right there.

Looks like we're both right!  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._202_Squadron_RAF
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 09, 2024, 12:41:46 AMLoads of contrails in the early morning sky, no idea what they are, but lots of them  :angel:
Amy flashes of instant sunshine on the horizon?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 09, 2024, 02:47:47 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 09, 2024, 12:41:46 AMLoads of contrails in the early morning sky, no idea what they are, but lots of them  :angel:
Amy flashes of instant sunshine on the horizon?

Not that I noticed, but they were flying away from the city and towards the S Coast  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Quote from: kitbasher on May 05, 2024, 01:56:32 PMSeen above, below and level with my recent holiday:

Billy ! You should have popped into Sarnia for a visit !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Followed shortly by a Sikorsky S-92, not the usual SAR visitor.  Thought I was in bother, the mother of all black helicopters... Turns out it was dark blue, phew!
https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9376464
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rick Lowe

They're trying to lull you into a false sense of security by going 'stealth'...    :o  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 12, 2024, 10:36:24 PMThey're trying to lull you into a false sense of security by going 'stealth'...    :o  ;)

Either that or the bloke in the paint shop got his FS numbers confused  :rolleyes:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 13, 2024, 06:06:54 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 12, 2024, 10:36:24 PMThey're trying to lull you into a false sense of security by going 'stealth'...    :o  ;)

Either that or the bloke in the paint shop got his FS numbers confused  :rolleyes:

Call it a 'morning after' thing - with the shades on, all dark colours look black...

The Wooksta!

Some sports biplane thing flew over on Sunday, taking my attention away from my rum and coke, annoyingly...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 15, 2024, 06:37:48 AMSome sports biplane thing flew over on Sunday, taking my attention away from my rum and coke, annoyingly...

Oh - how Rude!
Some folk have no consideration, do they?

;)

Pellson

My neighbour, the conference manor, is off and on hosting training sessions for the police K-9 teams, as there's plenty of indoor and outdoor space. Yesterday, they had rapelling practice sessions with the Air Force helicopter wing out of Linkoping, and accordingly, a few Blackhawks blackhawking around on VERY low level. Good fun watching from the porch.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!