Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2022, 03:26:17 AMWow, I didn't realise there were TWO Lansens still flying! That must have been a terrific moment for you.  :thumbsup:

Yep. A good day.  :wub:

A pic from the flight, nicked off the SWAFHF FB page:

You cannot view this attachment.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I only caught them at last moment, put I'm pretty sure I surecI saw a pair of Westland Wildcats going over the house, pretty noisy.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Whilst passing near RAF Shawbury (on the way to Carlisle to check up on mother in law)   a glider, type unspecified.  Bridget (Madame R) actually spotted it, I was coping with a half witted loon in a BMW close behind me, who was trying to overtake in exactly the wrong place!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

Quote from: Pellson on November 06, 2022, 04:10:07 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2022, 03:26:17 AMWow, I didn't realise there were TWO Lansens still flying! That must have been a terrific moment for you.  :thumbsup:

Yep. A good day.  :wub:

A pic from the flight, nicked off the SWAFHF FB page:

Such a good looking aircraft.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 13, 2022, 11:03:19 AMWhilst passing near RAF Shawbury (on the way to Carlisle to check up on mother in law)   a glider, type unspecified.  Bridget (Madame R) actually spotted it, I was coping with a half witted loon in a BMW close behind me, who was trying to overtake in exactly the wrong place!

Now there's a co-incidence if ever there was one! Was that around lunchtime perchance, as I was there too, actually on the station itself and we saw a glider too!

'Research' carried out later revealed it to have been a Vigilant motor glider, flying sans engine.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

perttime

Some fast jets heard in the dark Hornets, I'm sure. At least three of them when I went out. And something less noisy coming soon after.

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 14, 2022, 05:30:09 AM
Quote from: Rheged on November 13, 2022, 11:03:19 AMWhilst passing near RAF Shawbury (on the way to Carlisle to check up on mother in law)   a glider, type unspecified.  Bridget (Madame R) actually spotted it, I was coping with a half witted loon in a BMW close behind me, who was trying to overtake in exactly the wrong place!

Now there's a co-incidence if ever there was one! Was that around lunchtime perchance, as I was there too, actually on the station itself and we saw a glider too!

'Research' carried out later revealed it to have been a Vigilant motor glider, flying sans engine.

Yup, the timing is right so that's what it was.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Amazing, we must have been within 0.5 mile of each other.  ;D

Regards
Kit

frank2056

LA may be the "city of Angeles" but it should really be called "the City of Helicopters". Today I saw a fairly rare one - I believe it's an SH-60 Seakhawk. I was near the Santa Monica airport, so maybe that's where it was headed:

The helicopter was very low and surprisingly quiet, especially compared to the LAPD and TV station helicopters.

scooter

Quote from: frank2056 link=msg=977276 date=1668740786

The helicopter was very low and surprisingly quiet, especially compared to the LAPD and TV station helicopters.
/quote]

Navy doesn't want to spook the subs when fishing for them.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Pair of RCAF Hercs flew over this evening. Couldn't get them both in the pic, need to work on my game ! Looks like they left Las Vegas NV and flew straight back home to CFB Trenton.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Flyer

A very rare RAAF P-3 Orion, they are actually a rather common sight around here, I say very rare because this one actually had it's transponder on so it showed up on the flight tracker and gave me the opportunity to go outside and take some pics, of course on the time I took my phone out it flew over at the highest altitude of all it's fly overs... :banghead:

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Beermonster58

Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

PR19_Kit

The last two don't work, but the others are BRILL!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the links.

Regards
Kit