Rapid Deployment Force Light Tank

Started by ysi_maniac, December 18, 2006, 11:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roughneck06

1st- Outstanding job on the M551 upgrade! I did one similar w/ a ROCO kit a few years ago- but not as good as this one!

2d- As I recall there was a serious plan in the early 80's to equip the 9th HTLD w/ a couple of modified and upgunned M551s. It was cancelled in part because of the very limited inventory of M551 transmissions that were available plus the production line for them closed @ 1966.

On a final note- the 82d was to get 4-6 of the M-8s 2 yrs ago- anyone know what's going on w/ them? On another site I had a response that it was still going to happen yet I have not read anything. :tank:  

anthonyp

RE: the XM8, definitely not going to happen.  The four XM8's in BAE Systems' possession are sitting in a warehouse in York, PA. at the GSD facility there, and will continue to do so.  So few XM8's will not do much, considering the 82nd is stateside right now.  The proposal to send the XM8 to the 82nd was really just a pipe dream, with no real possibility of coming true.

I've asked a couple of times if we couldn't get one in the bay for one of the customer functions, but the guys upstairs look at me like I'm nuts.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

QuoteLove the finish :wub:
Hi NARSES2,
Have you seen this http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...showtopic=13376?
Admired that one as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

QuoteLove the finish :wub:
Hi NARSES2,
Have you seen this http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...showtopic=13376?
Admired that one as well
Did you read the Hannibal backhistory?
I thought you would commet it  :)  :) no matter anyway  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Carlos

General Zod

Carlos

Great looking tank Nice to see someone else who loves the old MERDEC camo

Chad
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

ysi_maniac

QuoteCarlos

Great looking tank Nice to see someone else who loves the old MERDEC camo

Chad
I love them and I plan to add new colors and create new combinations

thundereagle1997

thundereagle1997

Ysi-maniac an idea would be an M8A1 Buford compact battle tank (a light air transportable air droppable amphibious  tank with the protection of a mbt) with the triple turret design of the T92 light tank. Please design this