Author Topic: Avpro Concepts  (Read 29839 times)

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
  • Needs A Life Outside What-If
  • Don't laugh at his mule
Avpro Concepts
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:06 am »
Given a bump up!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Offline KJ_Lesnick

Re: Avpro Concepts
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:47 pm »
Other than the Russian designs, were any of the other concepts that were taken seriously as possible developments, or were they kind of just sketches that never went anywhere?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Offline Weaver

• I'm either dumb or evil - you decide.....
  • What-IF SIG
  • Has a life outside What-If that is also What If
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 09:45:47 pm »
Just vapourware that never got anywhere for the most part.

The EXINT pod got as far as a mockup, and allegedly Israeli Special Forces bought a handful to use on Apaches, but take that info with a BIG pinch of salt.

Ranchoth's Arsenal on Shapeways makes 3D -printed models of them: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ranchoth?li=pb
Neophyte: Is Eris true?
Malaclypse the Younger: Everything is true.
Neo: Even false things?
MtY: Even false things are true.
Neo: How can that be?
MtY: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Principia Discordia

Twitter: @hws5mp
www.minds.com: @HaroldWeaverSmith

Offline Mossie

• Twiglet doctor
  • What-IF SIG
  • Don't laugh at his mule
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2019, 12:48:05 am »
There was a little more, the Proteus missile was also mocked up.  The stealth  trimaran aircraft carrier was officially submitted for the Royal Navy's CVF competition, it was rejected early on.

I feel that Avpro tried to be a serious concern, but were a minnow in a pond of pike, they were unlikely to last long.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.