General Modelling Forum > Upcoming events

Scale Model World 2021

(1/19) > >>

Martin H:
Its been posted up on the IPMS(UK) web site that the show is on! (unless HMG moves the goal posts)

Click here to read the press release

There are a few hoops to be jumped through to attend, vaccine passport and the like. Dont blame the IPMS exsec, blame the Government rules that will likely be place for large indoor events by the time the show kicks off.

Also. Although the show is currently going ahead. Dont be supprised if it get cancelled. Thats if the infection rate starts going into orbit again.

PR19_Kit:
And no Kit Swap.

Expect lots of hidden under table boxes then.......

kitbasher:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2021, 01:41:06 pm ---And no Kit Swap.

--- End quote ---

Ah well….not surprised (saw the announcement on FaceTube, not read it all, not read whats at the end of the link above). 

BUT

Good news about SMW, OGL is right to remind us of the possibility of changes, but hey, its on.

Martin H:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 31, 2021, 01:41:06 pm ---And no Kit Swap.

--- End quote ---
Don't count on it. I suspect the Venue security team will be enforcing the no undertable sales rule along with any extra covid related rules put in place. Arguing with them is likely to be a surefire way of finding yourself being frog marched off the site.

kitbasher:
I would assume none of that would preclude ‘under the table click and collect (at show)’, i.e. prearranged sales amongst mates that are handed over at Telford.

Also I’d say there’s a ‘goodwill to traders’ benefit - see the ‘trading at model shows’ thread - given it’ll have been 2 years since the previous SMW.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version