GROUP BUILDS > Battle of Britain Group Build

BoB Heinkel He 112-E

<< < (5/5)

Gondor:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on December 20, 2015, 02:18:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: JayBee on December 18, 2015, 08:32:09 am ---Then I found the Airfix new mould kit starter set. This had the distinct advantage of having the correct paints as well. Very necessary, as I did not have all the colours in my stash.

My first thoughts were that the propeller in the Airfix kit looks a little bit “light weight” then I found one in my spares that just had that little bit more “something”.
The one on the left is the Airfix one, I have no idea what kit the other came from.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: JayBee on December 18, 2015, 08:32:09 am ---The only other change that was made to the model was that I used the wheels from the Airfix kit. There is nothing wrong with the kit wheels but the Airfix ones have a really nice tread pattern and they are “weighted”.

--- End quote ---

Hang on, there is no 'Airfix He112'

So even the build story is a whif, based as it it is in part on an imaginary kit?

Sneaky!

--- End quote ---

I think he was referring to the Airfix Bf-109 which provided the propeller and some paint, however he failed to mention that little detail in the fist posting.

I do agree though that it would be rather sneaky to whiff the kit as much as the model.

Gondor

NARSES2:
I suppose you could mock a box up in the same way a rather famous TSR2 box was mocked up

Captain Canada:
What a great looking machine. Love the sleek look in that scheme.

:thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version