GROUP BUILDS > The Prototypes G.B.

Supermarine Type 545 "Swift II"

(1/3) > >>

Knightflyer:
Well no major chopping and changing to occur with this one, so this will be my humble entry to the GB

It's one of the Anigrand additional 1/144 scale kits included with the main model.

Construction is simple, the only addition item so far is to use one of the casting blocks to make a divider between the two main undercarriage bays.

As for the colour scheme. My thoughts are turning to something based on the Supermarine S.6B (blue fuselage, silver wings) for display at the appropriate Farnborough Airshow

TomZ:
Sweet

TomZ

PR19_Kit:
A cracking looking aeroplane. And that looks an excellent kit too.

It'll be interesting to compare it with The Wooksta's 1/72 scale version when they're both finished.

I touched the real thing once, when it was at Cranfield, but they scrapped it later on. Vandals!

Martin H:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2020, 04:55:24 am ---I touched the real thing once, when it was at Cranfield, but they scrapped it later on. Vandals!

--- End quote ---
Ive touched the canopy.    Its the only known bit to survive. Its currently in store at MAM.

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: Martin H on August 25, 2020, 11:29:52 am ---
--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2020, 04:55:24 am ---I touched the real thing once, when it was at Cranfield, but they scrapped it later on. Vandals!

--- End quote ---

Ive touched the canopy.    Its the only known bit to survive. Its currently in store at MAM.

--- End quote ---

Oooh, is it? I thought they'd scrapped it.

That is good news, it's a very interesting aircraft, and not very much like a Swift at all, although people think it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version