GROUP BUILDS > The Prototypes G.B.

Prototype B-58 Hustler with "Siamese" engines *done*

<< < (2/10) > >>

Dizzyfugu:
 :blink:

PR19_Kit:
Yes, that looks like the one with the retracts. I've got one too, but mine is YONKS old and it mentions the gear on the box lid IIRC.

It's quite a nice model, and for it's time it was outstanding.

zenrat:
I love kits with that sort of complicated mechanical shenanigans going on.  One day i'll even manage to build one that actually works.

PR19_Kit:
I built the Revell 1/48 F-102 kit as a window display model for my mate's model shop in Oxford way back when. It had a tricky arrangement that retracted the landing gear when you closed the canopy, and was too expensive for most people.

Once the 'working' model was in the window we sold out in less than two weeks, but I had to repair the blasted retraction linkage maybe 4-5 times!  :banghead:

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2020, 06:13:41 am ---I built the Revell 1/48 F-102 kit as a window display model for my mate's model shop in Oxford way back when. It had a tricky arrangement that retracted the landing gear when you closed the canopy, and was too expensive for most people.

--- End quote ---

Never saw that one, but had a couple of Monogram kits that had "working parts" all linked up to each other. Very much of their "time".

The Hustler was always one of those aircraft that as a young teenager was really "it", almost futuristic looking. So looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version