General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Gannet Scale Models

<< < (11/27) > >>

McColm:

--- Quote from: KiwiZac on November 28, 2021, 08:39:15 pm ---
--- Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 07:29:00 am ---Turning the 1/72 Airfix or Italeri  Shorts Sunderland MkV into the Sandringham. A plug for the nose, rear and upper gun turrets.
Plugs for the twin fuselage weapons doors and a template for the fuselage windows. I think there's a difference in the engines on the later models.

--- End quote ---
*cough* Solent Mk.IV *cough*

--- End quote ---
To be honest I have never heard of the Solent before you mentioned it. Britmodeler has a feature on this conversion but I would still like to have the blanking plates and alternative engines for my build. Four T56 turboprops  would look gorgeous.

Gondor:

--- Quote from: McColm on November 29, 2021, 12:37:56 am ---
--- Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 07:29:00 am ---Turning the 1/72 Airfix or Italeri  Shorts Sunderland MkV into the Sandringham. A plug for the nose, rear and upper gun turrets.
Plugs for the twin fuselage weapons doors and a template for the fuselage windows. I think there's a difference in the engines on the later models.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To be honest I have never heard of the Solent before you mentioned it. Britmodeler has a feature on this conversion but I would still like to have the blanking plates and alternative engines for my build. Four T56 turboprops  would look gorgeous.

--- End quote ---

T56's are available if you look

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/FHP72103B?result-token=OIJNq

Gondor

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Gondor on November 29, 2021, 05:34:56 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gondor

--- End quote ---

And so are Darts, and they fit almost without any work to do.

McColm:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gondor

--- End quote ---
They are oblong/rectangle so they don't fit on radial engines. I know as I have tried.

McColm:

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on November 29, 2021, 07:01:35 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Gondor

--- End quote ---

And so are Darts, and they fit almost without any work to do.

--- End quote ---
Heritage Aviation used to sell the resin Rolls Royce Darts as well as the Dakota Turboprop engines but the company has closed down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version