General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Gannet Scale Models

<< < (10/19) > >>

Lost Cosmonauts:

--- Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 06:21:46 am ---
--- Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on November 28, 2021, 05:51:06 am ---
--- Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 04:58:25 am ---Have you ever thought of making conversion sets in 1/72 scale? I have a long list of ideas that would go towards your beer tokens or Christmas present funds.

--- End quote ---

Iím happy to take suggestions but my radius gauges and micrometer are in storage while we renovate the house so it may be for Christmas Ď22 present funds

--- End quote ---
That's okay I can wait.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Feel free to drop me a message with your wishlist or add it as a post in the meantime

McColm:
Turning the 1/72 Airfix or Italeri  Shorts Sunderland MkV into the Sandringham. A plug for the nose, rear and upper gun turrets.
Plugs for the twin fuselage weapons doors and a template for the fuselage windows. I think there's a difference in the engines on the later models.

McColm:
Then there's the 1/72 Allison 501D the commercial version of the T-56 turboprop engine.
If you could produce these with the Mach2 Convair 580 as the donor kit.
You could alter the diameter to suit the 1/72 Lockheed Constellation or Boeing 377/B-29.
It could also be an alternative to the turboprop Neptune.
This would save me a lot of time of having to soften up the plastic to slide the T-56 engines inside.

The Grumman E-2 Hawkeye stand and rotodome in 1/72 scale. If this was sold as as a separate kit including the air scoops,  maybe the Saab Eerieye AWACS scanner.

1/72 fuselages
A decent Avro York and the Avro Lincoln.

If you do 1/72 helicopter rotor blades then the Boeing Chinook, because they have a tendency to snap off.

The Wooksta!:
No point in a York as there's a complete kit from Mach Poo and two superb conversions from CMR. Ditto Lincoln, which is covered with several available conversions  and a complete vactorm.

In any case, both are too big for the printer Alistair uses. Breaking them down increases complexity, time and thus cost.

KiwiZac:

--- Quote from: McColm on November 28, 2021, 07:29:00 am ---Turning the 1/72 Airfix or Italeri  Shorts Sunderland MkV into the Sandringham. A plug for the nose, rear and upper gun turrets.
Plugs for the twin fuselage weapons doors and a template for the fuselage windows. I think there's a difference in the engines on the later models.

--- End quote ---
*cough* Solent Mk.IV *cough*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version