General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Onemanmodel 3D fabricated ABS kits from Japan

<< < (2/10) > >>

kitbasher:

--- Quote from: TomZ on December 06, 2020, 12:36:35 am ---I've got some "in progress" pics of my HP-42 from him here:

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=48496.msg900917#msg900917

TomZ

--- End quote ---

Tidy :thumbsup:

kitbasher:

--- Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 06, 2020, 04:51:36 am ---I LOVE that AW Ensign of his, and the Princess just beggars belief!  :o

--- End quote ---

The Ensign does look very good, doesn't it.

I wonder whether the Ensign could have been developed into a General Reconnaissance type for the RAF, akin to the FW200 Condor?  Would probably have needed beefier engines.

Rheged:
An Ensign maritime reconnaissance aircraft sounds like perfectly good sense to me.  If I had time, budget, space and ability I'd be tempted............and I'm still tempted to write it up as a backstory for someone more adept than me to model.

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on December 06, 2020, 06:07:16 am ---
The Ensign does look very good, doesn't it.

I wonder whether the Ensign could have been developed into a General Reconnaissance type for the RAF, akin to the FW200 Condor?  Would probably have needed beefier engines.

--- End quote ---

It was underpowered from the start, and the uprated Mk IIs were a lot better, with over 400 more hp.

It's a BIG aeroplane, much larger than a Lancaster, but they fitted it with those puny AW Tiger engines, crazy. The main wheels are about 6 FEET in dia!  :o

There's a superb vid of the Ensign on the Wiki page, showing the prototype in build, its first flight and a wonderful vignette of one in service at Croydon, which also includes a superb shot of an HP42 landing and one of the two Short Scillas in the background.  :thumbsup:

All very nostalgic. (Not that I ever saw one mind you, but I dearly wish I had)

McColm:

--- Quote from: chrisonord on December 05, 2020, 04:04:09 pm ---Did you get  stung with import tax?

--- End quote ---
No I didn't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version