avatar_Dizzyfugu

Border Models

Started by Dizzyfugu, August 21, 2022, 04:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

All of those "intervening in a new US Civil War" scenarios are moronic because there isn't going
to be one, media BS - particularly outside of the US and all Murdoch publications, and social
media echo chambers are exagerrating the reality here on the ground, including the "polarization",
which has been far worse in the past. In short none of it is really as you're being led to believe.
 
The notion of the "Continental US" being split into warring factions is particularly idiotic as the US
isn't the place it was in 1860, unlike the Southern States at the time, there is no unique common
socioeconomic system in place in any of the states or regions that could be used as the basis of a
new government. There is no common cause that cuts across economic divisions and all of the
white-supremacist wackjobs who think that all the "good white men" will come flocking to their 
side once they rise up are delusional, sure they'll piss-n-moan, worship the Orange Blob and mutter
about "Socialism" (which, of course, they can't actually define) but the vast majority won't actually
do anything if the Meal Team 6 nutbars etc. "take action". The complete lack of any further action
after Jan. 6, 2021 made that clear. 

The Red State - Blue State crap, which crops up as an element in some of these lame scenarios,
is mindlessly stupid as all of the states are varying shades of purple. It's another example of a lazy
media using simplistic poo-poo because it makes for easy graphics and it allows the talking heads
and self-declared pundits to blag on endle$$ly without saying anything. Unfortunately too many
people glom on to it because it saves them from having to think.
:rolleyes:
"Conspiracy theory's got to be simple.
Sense doesn't come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated crap
actually is than they ever are about
whatever's supposed to be behind the
conspiracy."
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Pellson

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 21, 2022, 08:42:39 PMAll of those "intervening in a new US Civil War" scenarios are moronic because there isn't going
to be one, media BS - particularly outside of the US and all Murdoch publications, and social
media echo chambers are exagerrating the reality here on the ground, including the "polarization",
which has been far worse in the past. In short none of it is really as you're being led to believe.
 
The notion of the "Continental US" being split into warring factions is particularly idiotic as the US
isn't the place it was in 1860, unlike the Southern States at the time, there is no unique common
socioeconomic system in place in any of the states or regions that could be used as the basis of a
new government. There is no common cause that cuts across economic divisions and all of the
white-supremacist wackjobs who think that all the "good white men" will come flocking to their
side once they rise up are delusional, sure they'll piss-n-moan, worship the Orange Blob and mutter
about "Socialism" (which, of course, they can't actually define) but the vast majority won't actually
do anything if the Meal Team 6 nutbars etc. "take action". The complete lack of any further action
after Jan. 6, 2021 made that clear.

The Red State - Blue State crap, which crops up as an element in some of these lame scenarios,
is mindlessly stupid as all of the states are varying shades of purple. It's another example of a lazy
media using simplistic poo-poo because it makes for easy graphics and it allows the talking heads
and self-declared pundits to blag on endle$$ly without saying anything. Unfortunately too many
people glom on to it because it saves them from having to think.
:rolleyes:

Being local, I'm sure you're much better informed than I am over here, next to Russia. That said, our experiences from your "Orange blob" period wasn't entirely positive, and should he be back in power in two years time, that would affect a lot of things security related, maybe even more here than over there. Also, I have colleagues, admittedly of European descent, stationed in various locations in the US who, when discussing what they experience, aren't quite as dismissive as you are. On the contrary, some are rather shocked, and these are people accustomed to the Spanish/Catalan issue.

I was going to write that usually, common sense will prevail, but honestly, I'm not so sure anymore. There's so much disinformation about, and so many people, and now I'm definitely not only referring to Americans, actively choosing to believe that false info rather than dealing properly with the problems the world has. This does scare me.

Which, I have to say, is one part in why I like to bury myself into an entirely controllable fantasy Whif world.  ;)

Thanks for keeping an eye open though, JCF. Appreciated.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

I don't see what all the fuss is over the box art.
It's no different to any of Revell's Luft '46 art or Dragon's MiG 15 intercepting a B36.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: Pellson on August 22, 2022, 12:11:35 AMBeing local, I'm sure you're much better informed than I am over here, next to Russia. That said, our experiences from your "Orange blob" period wasn't entirely positive, and should he be back in power in two years time, that would affect a lot of things security related, maybe even more here than over there. Also, I have colleagues, admittedly of European descent, stationed in various locations in the US who, when discussing what they experience, aren't quite as dismissive as you are. On the contrary, some are rather shocked, and these are people accustomed to the Spanish/Catalan issue.

I was going to write that usually, common sense will prevail, but honestly, I'm not so sure anymore. There's so much disinformation about, and so many people, and now I'm definitely not only referring to Americans, actively choosing to believe that false info rather than dealing properly with the problems the world has. This does scare me.

Which, I have to say, is one part in why I like to bury myself into an entirely controllable fantasy Whif world.  ;)

Thanks for keeping an eye open though, JCF. Appreciated.

A Trump reelection is doubtful, for a number of reasons.

The Spanish vs. Catalan issue isn't relevant because it is based on defined regional, cultural and
linguistic differences which, as I stated, is not the situation in the US.

When referring to media coverage it's always helpful to remember their mantra: If it bleads, it leads.
The constant Breaking News 24/7 "news" cycle has made things even worse than the past because
the rush to be the first with the story thus analysis and determination of facts takes a back-seat. 
"Conspiracy theory's got to be simple.
Sense doesn't come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated crap
actually is than they ever are about
whatever's supposed to be behind the
conspiracy."
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

jcf

The Apocalypse tank is based on the Soviet tank of the same name from the video games Red Alert 2
and Red Alert 3.

https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Apocalypse_tank_(Red_Alert_2)

Concept art for the game.

"Conspiracy theory's got to be simple.
Sense doesn't come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated crap
actually is than they ever are about
whatever's supposed to be behind the
conspiracy."
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

zenrat

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 22, 2022, 10:09:10 AM...analysis and determination of facts takes a back-seat.

Unless it's meedja owned by murdoch in which case it's just abandoned altogether.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on August 23, 2022, 02:31:16 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 22, 2022, 10:09:10 AM...analysis and determination of facts takes a back-seat.

Unless it's meedja owned by murdoch in which case it's just abandoned altogether.


A caveat, here.  If its for the masses, its abandoned altogether (a certain Teutonic propagandist would be so proud of murdoch).  But if its for a specific subset, i.e. corner office expense account types, there's some analysis and determination of facts.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

#22
OK lads lets be a little careful about where this is, or could be going please.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Decals my @r$e!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!