General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Airfix

<< < (3/1120) > >>

datguy:

--- Quote ---I'd like to see them bring their old 1/72 F-86D Dog Sabre back. It was the first airfix kit I ever built and I had a blast with it.

With Special Hobby's F-86K kit out there, I think that wish is a long shot, but I haven't seen that old Dog Sabre kit in years and I'd love to have one for wiffing these days.
--- End quote ---
Just for kicks and giggles, here's what I did with the old Airfix F-86D:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...c=9465&hl=sabre

DG

kitbasher:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote --- I'd like to see them bring their old 1/72 F-86D Dog Sabre back. It was the first airfix kit I ever built and I had a blast with it.

With Special Hobby's F-86K kit out there, I think that wish is a long shot, but I haven't seen that old Dog Sabre kit in years and I'd love to have one for wiffing these days.
--- End quote ---
Picked up an F86D off a mates stand at a local model show a few weeks ago. Planning to use it for nextyears Telford theme.
--- End quote ---
Next years Telford theme?  Wassat then?

PanzerWulff:
I have the 1/72 Vosper MTB and it's a verry nice kit for it's age.I hope they bring back the Buccaneer and Faiery Firefly as those are 2 of the airfix kits i really want
"Panzer"

Thorvic:
Quote from Bill Clark:-

Some will of course be re-isues and some will be other manufacturers kits brought in...
1/72
Gloster Gladiator (3.99), B.P Defiant (3.99) Cessna Bird Dog (3.99), Red Arrows Hawk (4.99),
Fairey Fulmar (4.99), Douglas Devastator (4.99), Hawker SEA FURY (4.99), Brewster Buffalo (4.99), Henschel 123 (4.99), SPITFIRE IXc (This is I understand MAY BE a NEW tool!) 4.99,
Hawker Tempest V (4.99), Alpha Jet (6.99), Strikemaster (6.99), Pucara, Buccaneer, Hawk 128/132, Meteor F8(This may be the Xtrakit tool) (all at 6.99).

Mitchell, Dornier 17E/F, Mirage F1, Boston III, Eurofighter Typhoon, Sea King HAS5/AEW2 (all at 9.99)
Chinook, Horsa glider, Wellington mk.X, CANBERRA B(I)8, CANBERRA PR9 (10.99 each),Fokker friendship (10.99)
Vulcan (24.99)
In 1/48th...The Buccaneer is back (24.99), Canberra's B(I)8, B2/B20 (Listed as 1st quarter), Canberra PR9 and B57 (2nd quarter) 27.99,

TSR2 (3rd quarter) at 27.99!!!

The Mosquito in 1/24th is listed as being avialable 3rd quarter (Telford?) at 79.99!!

DOCTOR WHO, "Welcome Aboard", "Dalek encounter", "Gridlock", "Titanic Kylie(Phwoar!!)" at 24.99,

Wallace & Gromit sets are back with new Shaun the Sheep.

AFV's - ex-JB models will nbow be available under the Airfix label....

Some interesting stuff and some obvious reboxing (I aint complaining  :D )

G

Mossie:
Sounds like they've been busy!  Price hikes seem a bit much, I know they've got to get back on their feet but with Revell bringing out a Lanc for 15.... :unsure:

The Strike Master & Alpha Jets are worth a whiff or too.  I'm sure the TSR.2 will be picked up even at that price, I hope there's some extra work gone into it to justify the price, but I won't be suprised if it's just cynical marketing looking at the average price it's gone for on e-bay.

EDIT, Just realised the TSR.2 is 1/48, 28 is not a bad deal!!!  Foreget my comments about the price hikes!!! :dum:  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version