General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Airfix

(1/1077) > >>

Radish:
It's good to see Airfix back, but I agree, one or two (or a lot) should be consigned to history.....but I suppose even low-level sales are profit for the company.

I'd love the F-86D to make a comeback too, along with the F-80C and a decent Phantom (perhaps using Italeri moulds?).

The thing is, many of their moulds...Spitfire, Bf-109, Corsair, Hellcat, etc., are 40+ years old, and even their better kits, the Anson etc., are 30+.

I think the way forward is to use some other manufacturer's moulds and Revell and Italeri are good places to start!!

upnorth:

--- Quote ---
I think the way forward is to use some other manufacturer's moulds and Revell and Italeri are good places to start!!
--- End quote ---
You mean like maybe getting their mitts on the Fujimi 1/72 Spey Phantom moulds. :wub:

I'd love to see them once and for all ditch their own 1/72 Saab Viggen and maybe use the Heller moulds if they feel the inclination to put Viggens in their catalog again.

Jschmus:
Squadron has had a few Airfix items in their flyers the last couple of months.  I don't remember all that's been listed, but I did see a Gnat and an F-84F.

B777LR:

--- Quote --- I think the way forward is to use some other manufacturer's moulds and Revell and Italeri are good places to start!!
--- End quote ---
The Revell Eurofighter and Tornaodo, Sea King, F-16, Bf-109, Fw-190, 737-800, Airbus A-330, Boeing-767-300, Boeing 747-400, Avro RJ-85 :wub:  

Hobbes:

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---
But would it be enough to survive? It could be useful for the UK market, I suppose, but in my LHS the only Airfix items on the shelves are the ones that aren't duplicated by all the other companies.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version