General Modelling Forum > Model Kit News

Revell (Revell of Germany and Monogram)

(1/354) > >>

joncarrfarrelly:
1/48th Typhoon

(I've removed the canned history section of the review from the translation)

Eurofighter Typhoon single-seater
Revell - injection moulding 1:48

Kit: Now we had to wait nevertheless quite a long while for this kit. The first impression leaves quite mixed feelings. First the parts make a good impression. Sunk Grauren and partly very fine details determine the surface, which does not near-hand however to the competition of Tamiya or Hasegawa. Here Revell was already substantially better (was reminded of the straight put Ju 52). The engravings do not work somehow correctly sharply.

The material works strangely and/or the injection moulding. With me the casting frameworks are anyhow squirted out not fully and have at each (!) branch a sinking hole (see detail photos below). In addition the extreme burr, which should not arise with a new form, disturbs me. Since I got one of the first production kits, perhaps had to be co-ordinated machines, form and material still one on the other. On the other hand I have perhaps also a "on Mondays production" received, thus times with the dealer to clean-look.

Still some easy criticism. In the landing gear bay some ejector places which can be removed with difficulty are to be unfortunately found. Further light on the trunk parts some () sinking places are not quite annoying to observe... anything dramatic, but. Now to the very good points. To the kit 2 large spraying frameworks for external loads are attached. These are both present weapons and Sidewinders, AMRAAM and Paveway. In addition, the future equipment with IRIS t, meteor, Taurus and Storm Shadow is attached. In addition still tank and a Recce Pod (which will put I equal times for my Tornado (AG 51 "I" again) to the side). The building guidance shows here also clearly, like RAF and Air Force its airplanes to equip intends (see below). Also the cockpit makes a good impression. The Schleuderitz consists e.g. of 6 parts, whose detailing pleases. Perhaps one could supplement or replace the harness in own contribution.

The pulpit looks completely good, must be released however form conditionally from the separation joint. Perhaps I try it following also times with a coat with Klear (Future, Klir or however things is designated) that is to cause "miracles"... A last side remark for agreement with the model. I have of it much too little notion, when dss I goes there on ice. The development took place at the same time with the 72er model, and over it I did not have still nothing negative belonged... am also my yardstick...

Painting: More crammed, nearly A4 of large Decalbogen is attached to the model. The highest number which I saw is to 273 kan one probably from over 300 Abziebildern to thus proceed. Beautifully that for each country own maintenance references are attached and also the armament gets their portion. So one does not have to use all. Although most imprint in the register are, it gave naturally again a disalignment for the variant, which I would like to build, i.e. the German. White and black of the paw crosses and the numbers are against each other shifted. I must make myself also still smart whether the emblem squadrons "stone-hope" really mirror-image at a side vertical stabilizer one carries (representative "S" would so not be to read).

1. Eurofighter Typhoon F.2, NO. 3 Sqn, Royal air Force Coningsby, UK 2005/2006
   2. Eurofighter Typhoon F.2, No. 17® Sqn, Royal air Force Coningsby, UK 2005/2006
   3. Eurofighter Typhoon F.2, No. 29® Sqn, Royal air Force Coningsby, UK 2005/2006
   4. Eurofighter Typhoon, fighter wing 73 "stone-hope", Rostock Laage, 2005
   5. Eurofighter Typhoon, Austrian federal army (not yet activated, hypothetically)
   6. Eurofighter Typhoon, 4º Stormo, 9º Gruppo, Aeronautica Militare Italiano, Grossetto 2005
   7. EADS CASA C.16 Typhoon, Gruppo 11, 113 Escadrón, Ejército del Aire de España, Morón air cousin 2006

Result: Despite the criticism mentioned, I believe that Revell succeeded here a good to very good model. Surely still more improvement-worthy will be noticeable to the trailers de Hi-End products, but here one must consider also the price, and this is very favorable with Revell. Unterm line: recommendable.

Steffen Arndt, Schwerin

I'm thinking crank the wings down mid-span like an Angel Interceptor.:cheers:

Cheers, Jon

Jeffry Fontaine:
If Revell of Germany were smart, they would package all of those wonderful modern aircraft weapons, targeting pods, and other equipment as a separate kit.  I would really like to see some up to date ordnance and other things available in something other than over-priced resin and photo-etch.  

Hey RoG!!!!! Take this and run with it.  I would buy at least a dozen weapons sets to match up with the four dozen Hasegawa weapons sets I already have in protective custody!  

elmayerle:

--- Quote --- If Revell of Germany were smart, they would package all of those wonderful modern aircraft weapons, targeting pods, and other equipment as a separate kit.  I would really like to see some up to date ordnance and other things available in something other than over-priced resin and photo-etch.  

Hey RoG!!!!! Take this and run with it.  I would buy at least a dozen weapons sets to match up with the four dozen Hasegawa weapons sets I already have in protective custody!
--- End quote ---
I'll second this in both 1/72 and 1/48.  Here's hoping someone from R of G is listening.

lancer:
Why not hit the RoG site and put it in their 'wish list' section.

GTX:
Why don't sll of us hit the site - they will take more notice if there are multiple requests.

To make it easier, here is a link to use

Regards,

Greg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version