GROUP BUILDS > The Gunships GB

AH-56C Cheyenne

(1/9) > >>

Gondor:
So here is a marker for my entry to the Gunship's Group Build. It is something I was thinking about after I got my copy of the Atlantis re-pop of the old Aurora AH-56A Cheyenne. Far easier to update/convert a plastic kit rather than the Anigrand version I also have, as that's resin and I prefer plastic as my whiff medium.
Additional parts will be scratch built and from an AH-1W as well.

Gondor

kerick:
I have two of those kits in the stash. Ill be checking you build to see how this works out. One of the things Id like to improve is the canopy. It should be bulged out at the sides. The kit one is straight on the sides. I might try to vac form one when I build this kit one of these days.

DogfighterZen:
I'll be watching this closely as i've been thinking of getting one of those kits.

Gondor:

--- Quote from: kerick on November 06, 2021, 01:00:51 pm ---I have two of those kits in the stash. Ill be checking you build to see how this works out. One of the things Id like to improve is the canopy. It should be bulged out at the sides. The kit one is straight on the sides. I might try to vac form one when I build this kit one of these days.

--- End quote ---

Didn't know about the canopy and I am rubbish at plunge moulding nor do I have any clear plastic to use for a canopy so that will stay as it is. I also have had a quick look on Scalemates and there are no after market canopies or anything for the kit so it is what it is unfortunately.

Gondor

The Wooksta!:
Isn't there a spare in your Anigrand kit?  Fill it with resin and get someone to vacform over the resulting plug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version