GROUP BUILDS > The Engines - More or Less G.B.

Delayed +++ A fake Boeing 737 (or a semi DC-8)

(1/5) > >>

Dizzyfugu:
Since this GB receives its (usual) extension, I will try to add another project - again an airliner in 1:144 scale. It will become a chopped Boeing 707/720, I will try to reduce it to a kind of fake 737 with only two engines... I guess it might look like an early Dassault Mercure when I am done with it.  I originally planned to do this stunt with a Minicraft DC-8, but these kits are so prohibitively expensive that I now settled upon a Roden 720, which I was able to order for only EUR 10,-.

We'll see how fast it turns up and how easily my plan can be turned into hardware.

Tophe:
Interesting... ;)

Dizzyfugu:
Certainly lots of surgery involved - the fuselage will have to be shortened in front of and behind the wings, the wing span will be reduced, too, and two engines omitted. Landing gear will also have to be modified from the bogies to simpler twin wheels, and I am not certain if the fin and the stabilizers need changes, too. As per usual, a conversion that sounds simple at first calls for many detail mods...

I am also not settled for an operator yet. IIRC, the kit comes with Pan Am markings, which I basically like, since this aircraft with probably 80-100 passengers lends itself to a feederliner role.

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 24, 2019, 01:44:31 am ---
I originally planned to do this stunt with a Minicraft DC-8, but these kits are so prohibitively expensive that I now settled upon a Roden 720, which I was able to order for only EUR 10,-.

--- End quote ---

The Minicraft DC8s are a lot cheaper in the bagged version without decals, AND you get two sets of engines with it too.

But I'm impressed with the EUR 10 Roden 720, you must have contacts in high places Thomas.  ;D

Dizzyfugu:
..and I have bad luck, too: the seller has become ill and cannot deliver the item on short notice.  :angry:

So I rescinded the purchase and have to look elsewhere...

I noticed the bagged DC-8 kit, but those I have found were still insanely expensive. So I keep watching and hope that I can procure a decent model basis in time...  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version