GROUP BUILDS > The Engines - More or Less G.B.

Losing sight of the target

(1/4) > >>

PR19_Kit:
We're getting a lot of ideas and proposals for the GB that seem to be losing sight of what the GB is all about.

You HAVE to change the number of engines that were fitted to the original airframe, not just plan a multi-engined aircraft that you've whiffed.

NARSES2:
I have to admit that I thought the concept behind this GB was the simplest we have had for a long time. I was wrong  :banghead:  :angel:

This to my mind is the key section of the rules :-

" Quite simply your build must include/involve the addition of an engine/engines or the subtraction of an engine/engines from whatever is your starting point"

Chris

TallEng:
Oh I don't know, I agree there's been a lot of chat about ideas/projects that don't fit
the rules but the two entrys so far seem to be  within the spirit of the GB :thumbsup:
Personally i found the rules nice and simple and easy to understand.
So easy that even I have an idea of what to build ;D

Regards
Keith

sandiego89:
I tend to like tight rules for some GB's, otherwise it becomes "build what ever you want and stretch the rules".  I much more enjoy entries that honor the theme well and are plausible, and strive to do so for most of my entries.     

I also think the GB discussion threads tend have folks pushing ideas to the edge, and beyond, the rules more for discussions sake, or discuss real world articles along the lines of the topic,  less for anything they actually intend to build... "what if I add a 15HP Yamaha outboard motor on the back of my 1/700 HMS TITANIC build, does that could as more engines???".  I think this is more of banter, than actually serious questions, and it likely drives our esteemed moderators nuts!   :o

I also think it gets a bit muddled when we overlap GB's.  We have 2 still open for voting, and folks are already posting for the next one.  While I admire the enthusiasm, it can feel like we are on the hamster wheel, or maybe just for me.         

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: sandiego89 on June 21, 2019, 02:26:26 pm ---
I also think it gets a bit muddled when we overlap GB's.  We have 2 still open for voting, and folks are already posting for the next one.  While I admire the enthusiasm, it can feel like we are on the hamster wheel, or maybe just for me.       

--- End quote ---

Tell me about it, I'm a moderator for TWO of them!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version