London Show - June 2021 CANCELLED

Started by Nick, February 09, 2021, 06:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

May 4th 2021 - The June shows have been cancelled in favour of December. http://www.londonplasticmodellingshow.co.uk/
Please see the new topic.
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49251.0

The London Plastic Model Show that usually happens in December was first postponed until March 2021, and again. The organisers have just announced a new date.

Sunday 27th June 2021
Haverstock School
Chalk Farm

Fingers crossed!  :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Thanks for the heads up, Nick. 

Elstree Model Show on the 13th.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/PC-12/Phantom FG1/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Twin Otter/Val/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Everything's crossed not just fingers. But then I do need the loo  :angel:

No seriously, cheers Nick  :thumbsup:

As for Elstree. I am still in touch with the organisers, so if it's on, so are we.
Decals my @r$e!

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 10, 2021, 06:28:26 AM
Everything's crossed not just fingers. But then I do need the loo  :angel:

No seriously, cheers Nick  :thumbsup:

As for Elstree. I am still in touch with the organisers, so if it's on, so are we.

If Elstree is on then I'll give the London show a miss. 
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/PC-12/Phantom FG1/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Twin Otter/Val/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

The same date as the Coventry show. That'll cause some discussion. Apparently the organisers just announced it without asking any clubs if they were OK with the dates - put our club secretary's nose out of joint.

PR19_Kit

That's VERY silly, considering how few shows that may actually happen this year. :(
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2021, 07:02:07 AM
The same date as the Coventry show. That'll cause some discussion. Apparently the organisers just announced it without asking any clubs if they were OK with the dates - put our club secretary's nose out of joint.

You mean London v Coventry or Elstree v Coventry?

tigercat

That makes it sound like a Competition. I can just imagine the Commentary .

In a surprise move  Elstree's Captain has approached the referee and proposed that the venue could be improved by increasing the length of it's wings and Elstree's Foreign signing Dizzy has created a wall of models back in defence .

" Just look at his speed Gary , have you ever seen anyone build quite so quickly   "

"The lad sure is fast John , you don't often see such a fast completion rate , and what's this Narses has come up the field and filled a hole . "

"That's first class PSR from the veteran player , it takes patience and hard work to build up to that level of Skill , Gary ."

kitbasher

;D

Wasn't meant to sound like a contest, but a good commentary, mate!  No, just wanted to make a quick post.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on February 16, 2021, 08:53:39 AM
Quote from: Nick on February 16, 2021, 07:02:07 AM

You mean London v Coventry or Elstree v Coventry?

London v Coventry

Assuming they go ahead (June may be a tad to early) then I will probably do London simply because Coventry is an awkward trip and would probably involve an overnight stay. But as I said, If they go ahead ?
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Quote from: tigercat on February 16, 2021, 11:40:01 AM
That makes it sound like a Competition. I can just imagine the Commentary .

In a surprise move  Elstree's Captain has approached the referee and proposed that the venue could be improved by increasing the length of it's wings and Elstree's Foreign signing Dizzy has created a wall of models back in defence .

" Just look at his speed Gary , have you ever seen anyone build quite so quickly   "

"The lad sure is fast John , you don't often see such a fast completion rate , and what's this Narses has come up the field and filled a hole . "

"That's first class PSR from the veteran player , it takes patience and hard work to build up to that level of Skill , Gary ."

;D ;D ;D ;D
Decals my @r$e!

Nick

It's tricky for me. I will probably support the club and go to the London show purely because it is closer and I can have a pint or three before getting the train home.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Except if there is a Coventry show we'll have a stand there as well..................
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2021, 08:26:53 AM
Except if there is a Coventry show we'll have a stand there as well..................

I don't think there's been any discussion (yet) about a stand at the London show, Kit (someone put me right on this if I'm wrong), but yes one is currently foreseen for the Elstree show.

Nick

Quote from: kitbasher on February 17, 2021, 08:40:50 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 17, 2021, 08:26:53 AM

I don't think there's been any discussion (yet) about a stand at the London show, Kit (someone put me right on this if I'm wrong), but yes one is currently foreseen for the Elstree show.

I doubt there would be any space at the London show unless several of the traders or another club pulls out.