GROUP BUILDS > The RAF Centenary Group Build

RAF Centenary GB - The Rules

<< < (2/4) > >>

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: zenrat on June 27, 2018, 05:03:48 am ---Just spitballing here but how about if Britain controlled Palestine after WW2 with it being a dominion and eventually an independent nation state and commonwealth member.
Meaning a Royal Palestine Air Force.

--- End quote ---

Very, very messy, but providing it retained the British Royal Family as its head of state then it fits into the rules.

The key is "who is the head of state, titular or not" ?

ysi_maniac:
I assume FAA is not valid, but RAF Coastal Command is valid. Am I right?

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 22, 2018, 12:47:13 am ---I assume FAA is not valid, but RAF Coastal Command is valid. Am I right?

--- End quote ---

Coastal Command certainly  :thumbsup:

The FAA's air assets were controlled by the RAF from just after WWI until just prior to WWII (the exact dates are a little hazy in my head), only the ships were RN. We are now in a situation where the new F-35's will be a joint RAF/RN force.

So given that, I am more then happy to say that the FAA is valid.

Hope that helps ?

Chris

Knightflyer:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2018, 12:58:50 am ---
--- Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 22, 2018, 12:47:13 am ---I assume FAA is not valid, but RAF Coastal Command is valid. Am I right?

--- End quote ---

Coastal Command certainly  :thumbsup:

The FAA's air assets were controlled by the RAF from just after WWI until just prior to WWII (the exact dates are a little hazy in my head), only the ships were RN. We are now in a situation where the new F-35's will be a joint RAF/RN force.

So given that, I am more then happy to say that the FAA is valid.

Ohhhhhhh just to clarify - FAA ANY PERIOD is valid? If so I can see a couple of Sea Furies moving to the front of the queue!  ;D :thumbsup:

Hope that helps ?

Chris

--- End quote ---

NARSES2:
Yup, FAA any period. I'm not getting into the argument of which dates would be applicable as the exact ones can be difficult to pin down especially if you start look for the dates the new regulations came into force rather then the dates they were passed by whoever ??

I was sure I'd posted that FAA was ok somewhere ?

Ah knew I wasn't going mad, or madder then is normal for me anyway  ;D. Second post from bottom of page http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,45381.15.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version