Picture Post > Current and Finished Projects

Started builds that were never finished with photos

(1/4) > >>

McColm:
I thought I would include some of my started builds that have never been completed due to moving or left behind. Some were given to my nephews and nieces.
Take a 1/72 Revell/Matchbox Handley Page Victor K2 kit, add the resin Cammett BAe Nimrod AEW.3 conversion set and use the Academy Boeing KC-97G boomers glazing for the new cockpit and you will come up with the HP Victor AEW.3.

I intend to build this one again using the new Airfix Victor as the donor kit.
"The shack with the stack " started life as the 1/72 Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3. I read somewhere that the Rolls-Royce Griffon engines were proving to be unreliable so the American Pratt &Whitney  R3500 supercharged were being considered as a replacement. I also used the Mach2 Grumman E-1B Tracer radome as an alternative to the Avro Shackleton AEW.2 and got as far as this.

The left over parts from the Frog kit were used for the contra- rotating propellers.
Parts leftover from the 1/72 Grumman E-2C Hawkeye were used on this Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3 , with a new name The Avro Carlton AEW or turboprop Shackleton AEW.3.

Dizzyfugu:
That's looking very sxy!  :thumbsup:

The stretched fuselage (and the odd shape thorugh the radomes) suits the Victor very well.  :lol:

McColm:

--- Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 25, 2021, 12:01:55 am ---That's looking very sxy!  :thumbsup:

The stretched fuselage (and the odd shape thorugh the radomes) suits the Victor very well.  :lol:

--- End quote ---
Thanks  :thumbsup:

McColm:
It's not just aircraft that I build,  I had a go at creating my version of the Triumph Lynx using the Revell snap together kit and the hatchback from a Dodge. It's the red car parked next to my white 1/24 Triumph TR7 for a comparison.

My first kitbash that I ever sold was based on the Airfix 1/72 Boeing B-29A, with parts from a B-17G as the cockpit,  turboprop engines I think that they came from a C-130 kit and the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye. Artwork curtsey of stickers and the nose from the David J.Parkins EC-135N conversion set. I called this The Boeing Wyton AEW.

McColm:
The shelves.
On the top shelf you can see that Mach2 does make a decent kit if you apply 5 coats of paint to it and change the engines to turbofans the Martin Marina AEW.1. Next to this is a kitbash using the RVHP resin Grumman Greyhound conversion set, the wings are from the Grumman E-2 Hawkeye along with the engines,  the T-tail was scratch built.

A closer view

Middle shelf and the TR7 has been joined by a couple of diecast cars,  lurking in the corner was the Dayglo  F-19 .A rare find and I was in the process of restoring it until my nephew got hold of it and strapped it to a rocket in his mum's garden during fireworks night. Yes it does glow in the dark right up to when the rocket died! I never did find it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version