GROUP BUILDS > The Out of Retirement G.B.

Under New Ownership - Convair B-58 Hustler

<< < (2/2)

NARSES2:
Looks good Scoot  :thumbsup:

Weaver:

--- Quote from: scooter on January 19, 2020, 12:56:50 am ---
--- Quote from: Weaver on January 18, 2020, 10:41:29 pm ---Thought: since they've only got one roundel on the upper wings and one on the lower wings, wouldn't they put the '5' buzz number opposite it? Use the contrasting cammo colour: pale grey on the underside, dark grey on the top.

--- End quote ---

I'm honestly still figuring out their post-1945 marking scheme.  Heck, I haven't even figured out their World War 2 scheme yet, Jorel's work aside. :banghead:

--- End quote ---

Don't make the mistake of beating yourself up trying to make it perfectly consistent and logical. Few things are like that in real life. In real life, things are messy and full of mistakes, exceptions, blind alleys and failed experiments, and events are as much influenced by chance, coincidence, personality and trivialities as they are by careful planning and huge historical forces. If you've got a marking scheme that you really want on something but it doesn't fit in to the greater narrative then fine: let it not fit in. Make it a short-lived experiment, the result of local personnel being given more leeway than is usual or an eccentric CinC who was ousted after only a few years.

TheChronicOne:
Quite nice!

Rick Lowe:

--- Quote from: Weaver on January 19, 2020, 06:01:21 pm ---
Don't make the mistake of beating yourself up trying to make it perfectly consistent and logical. Few things are like that in real life. In real life, things are messy and full of mistakes, exceptions, blind alleys and failed experiments, and events are as much influenced by chance, coincidence, personality and trivialities as they are by careful planning and huge historical forces. If you've got a marking scheme that you really want on something but it doesn't fit in to the greater narrative then fine: let it not fit in. Make it a short-lived experiment, the result of local personnel being given more leeway than is usual or an eccentric CinC who was ousted after only a few years.

--- End quote ---

I like the way you think - and express things.  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne:
I concur.

I slapped WWII Spitfire markings on my 1960's RAF Hustler and just rolled with it. Who's to say that in this "alternate universe" that they didn't do markings and reggos different than IRL for whatever reason? etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version