GROUP BUILDS > The 2016 One Week Build

Chris builds yet another Hurricane

<< < (2/6) > >>

NARSES2:
Well painting has started and I've discovered that Humbrol 90 aerosol is not the same colour as Humbrol 90 in a tub !  :banghead: It is almost the same as Xtracrylic Sky however  ;D

While building this I've used super glue + talc for filler for the first time. With the aid of Zip Kicket it's instant and for small jobs I'm impressed  :thumbsup: Looks like I'll be hitting the 1 Store for super glue (5 for a 1) and cheap talc  ;D

The Wooksta!:
Keep the superglue in the fridge.  It lasts longer but be warned that the cheap superglue tends to set in the tube afore ye can use it.

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 02, 2016, 07:38:02 am ---Keep the superglue in the fridge.  It lasts longer but be warned that the cheap superglue tends to set in the tube afore ye can use it.

--- End quote ---

I've had some of the 1 store thin stuff for ages Lee and had no problems with it, touch wood. I have had problems with the cheaper versions of the thicker stuff however

Mossie:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on May 02, 2016, 07:39:48 am ---
--- Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 02, 2016, 07:38:02 am ---Keep the superglue in the fridge.  It lasts longer but be warned that the cheap superglue tends to set in the tube afore ye can use it.

--- End quote ---

I've had some of the 1 store thin stuff for ages Lee and had no problems with it, touch wood. I have had problems with the cheaper versions of the thicker stuff however

--- End quote ---

I've had a few problems too, usually sets very hard and extremely difficult to sand, I've ruined at least two kits with it.

Captain Canada:
Coming along quickly ! love that box art  :wub:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version