GROUP BUILDS > The 2016 One Week Build

Chris builds yet another Hurricane

(1/6) > >>

NARSES2:
First the obligatory box and sprue shot. This is the basic boxing of the kit with just the one markings option and without the parts to make the early 2 bladed propeller version, my favourite one.

Managed to get some work done on Friday which enabled me to get all the innards painted and assembled. Didn't go overboard with the cockpit just paint and some seatbelts from tape.

By lunch today I'd got her basically assembled. I've built a few of these, and have a few more to build, so I know where you are best getting out of step with the insructions and a couple of places where super glue and kicker are your friend. I must admit I don't like the “over hanging” bottom wing, which is apparently authentic ?, and I sand it so it’s even, looks better. Had a slight problem with the radiator on this kit which I’ve not had before but it was soon sorted.

So hopefully start paint tomorrow. Going to be a push as I lose 2 days with hospital appointments, but we shall see.

kitbasher:
Alleycat 1/72 tin wing resin conversion due in a couple of weeks, Chris.

NARSES2:
It's out I think. I have a couple of builds planned that could benefit from it. Including my Czech one based on Panther's profile  :wub:

Mossie:
Think you'll get there Chris, you know this kit like the back of your hand. :thumbsup:  Good luck with the hospital appointments.

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on May 01, 2016, 07:47:47 am ---By lunch today I'd got her basically assembled. I've built a few of these, and have a few more to build, so I know where you are best getting out of step with the insructions and a couple of places where super glue and kicker are your friend. I must admit I don't like the “over hanging” bottom wing, which is apparently authentic ?

--- End quote ---

One of those quirks that often gets dismissed in reviews.  The Defiant has a similar thing, the trailing edge is often judged to be 'thick' but the real thing was blunt so it's correct (they've carried on to the aileron though, and that should be sharp.  It's very difficult to see from photos as the wing is low to the ground so most people miss it.

PR19_Kit:
It's the same with Gloster Javelin kits. I've seen 'reviews' that comment on the '....over thick trailing edges....' where the reviewer had obviously never seen a real Javelin. The RW trailing edges are 2-3" thick!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version