GROUP BUILDS > The Civilinise/Militarise it GB

Airbus A350 MRTT

(1/5) > >>

TallEng:
I've been wanting to get in on this group build for ages :rolleyes:
But life (getting a new job) and a complete lack of ideas kept getting in The way  :banghead:
But then things started to fall into place.....
For my Birthday eldest daughter sent me from America a copy of  Combat Aircraft magazine,
Which contains amongst other things an article on Worldwide Tanker programs.
Then whilst shopping with Mrs TallEng I was allowed a stash increase purchase :thumbsup:
And my eye alighted on Revells newish A350-900
Now with a bit of luck and an extension (which I believe is waiting in the wings)
I might be in with a chance....
So, we have the beginning  ;D

And this is where we are after a quick afternoons work

Fuselage all together, (note that your required to glue the nose U/C in whilst joining the fuselage
Together) this will get snapped off/broken several times :banghead: especially as I plan on taking
A saw to the fuselage when the glue is set.

You even get a tiny cockpit with seats instrument panels etc, I of course did not add seat belts :rolleyes:
I don't have my magnifying thingy with me.
Anyway I'm on nights for the next two weeks and so will endevor to do a little bit each day :o
Wish me luck :cheers:
Back story and user will depend on a) my imagination :rolleyes: and b) what little of the decal bank I've
brought with me
I should explain that the new job is a 5 and a1/2 hour car journey away and consists of a two week stretch doing mostly nights, then two weeks off. The company kindly Provides a small furnished flat, so I thought why not do some modeling? I've got a little stash with me ;)

Regards
Keith

Nils:
a fantasticidea, ive been playing with the same idea for some time, after i built a KC-48 (Boeing 787 based tanker) i was thinking the A350 would become the next tanker platform post-2030  ;D
youre giving me a good idea for a next build, maybe a european Air Force One  :rolleyes:

i also had the same problem with the landing gear when i built my Sabena A350, they really made that part very complex.
so i was pretty much forced to build it wheels-up.

PR19_Kit:

--- Quote from: TallEng on August 17, 2015, 08:01:11 am ---
Fuselage all together, (note that your required to glue the nose U/C in whilst joining the fuselage
Together) this will get snapped off/broken several times :banghead: especially as I plan on taking
A saw to the fuselage when the glue is set.

--- End quote ---

Is that idiot who does that STILL on the Revell design team?  :banghead:

They did this with the 767 first and I devised a way to add the nosehweel after assembly, took some pics of it and sent it to Revell, suggesting that they take the idea on board for later kits. Did I even get a reply? No, not a word!!!

How long are they going to carry on with this stupidity?

I think I trimmed off the lower sides of the nose gear 'box' and added some very small styrene strips so it slid into the correct position afterward, but I'd need to dig the models out to confirm that.

Mossie:
Nice subject, will look good when done.

TallEng:
Fuselage surgery :o
Before

And after ;D

For those that would like to know; the reduction in length brings it down to -800 size, which is
Roughly equivalent to the A330-200 (give or take a meter or two) the -200 being the base A/C
For the MRTT.

That's it so far....

Regards
Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version