GROUP BUILDS > The Civilinise/Militarise it GB

A PR Comet

<< < (2/11) > >>

Mossie:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on June 23, 2015, 06:29:24 am ---Right late to the party

--- End quote ---

Fashionably so, especially with a Comet. :wub:

--- Quote from: NARSES2 on June 23, 2015, 06:29:24 am ---possibly as an emergency PR aircraft during the Invasion Crisis.

--- End quote ---

There's a lot of legs in that one, all sorts of things that could be impressed into roles that were never intended.

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: Captain Canada on June 23, 2015, 08:17:01 am ---Sweet ! I couldn't believe how small the aeroplane was when I first opened that box !

--- End quote ---

Very much so Capt. I didn't realise the cockpit was "solid" either and the 2 crew figures moulded into it are so 1950's  ;D

Anyway I'm going to cut the top piece of the cockpit away and add some simple detail after that I have 3 options.

Option 1) Other then the cockpit build her out of the box, perhaps mount her on a stand in flying mode.

Option 2) Do some more extensive work on her. 3 bladed props (I think I have some small enough), convert to a single seater with the space for the 2nd seat occupied by the camera equipment. The thought I had last night was to say that De Haviland had bought one of the aircraft back from it's owners and used her to try out a nose wheel undercarriage ? This is gradually growing on me

Option 3) Any of 1 and 2 above in any combination  :rolleyes:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on June 23, 2015, 02:15:00 pm ---Camotint!

--- End quote ---

Yes or a hint of Sky/Duck Egg Blue ?

kitbasher:
I
said
CAMOTINT!!!!!

😉

NARSES2:

--- Quote from: kitbasher on June 24, 2015, 10:35:22 am ---I
said
CAMOTINT!!!!!

😉

--- End quote ---

I know you did  ;D Any suggestions as to what "off the shelf" paint I should use ? I hate these paint mix charts where they go 2 parts x + 17 parts y + 33 parts z  :banghead: and yes I am talking about you Revell

NARSES2:
I was going to wait until I finished the Dornier......but  ;D Carved out the cockpit section and the area for the nose wheel undercarriage. The plastic is thick enough to use for structural purposes but at least is easy to work.

I never realised just how old this kit is. It really is like an old school limited run kit with no pins/holes to aid joining and very few parts. Things like the undercarriage struts are just very thin rod with no detail but are remarkably thin and with no flash whatsoever. Just shows how far we've come. I will be strengthening the undercarriage struts as I just don't trust them to take the weight by the time lead has been added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version