GROUP BUILDS > One Week Build - 2021

Gloster CXP-1001 - Done

(1/9) > >>

Caveman:
Might be a bit ambitious in the time scales. Attempt to go from this:

...to a physical model. I'm a bit nervous about all of the sanding that's going to be required to get a smooth surface finish. Not sure what scheme I will paint it in yet.

Itll be a fairly straight forward assembly process. I think Ill split the fuselage into forward and aft sections. The wings will be a single piece each. Ill try to print the tail as a single piece. Depending on time I may or may not do the drop tanks. It'll be gear up!

Caveman:
Progress at lunch

Broad shape done. Details to be added. Hoping to get it printing tonight

Caveman:
Day 1 end

Quite basic. I've tried to model the intake duct but I don't think I've done a good job of it. I may try to re-fettle it. But going to set off a print as is.

Pellson:

--- Quote from: Caveman on June 12, 2021, 11:24:04 am ---Day 1 end

Quite basic. I've tried to model the intake duct but I don't think I've done a good job of it. I may try to re-fettle it. But going to set off a print as is.

--- End quote ---
Being entirely inexperienced in 3D printing, but having some ancient knowledge of basic CAD, I am nevertheless rather impressed of your progress drawing the aircraft.  :thumbsup:

Caveman:

--- Quote from: Pellson on June 12, 2021, 01:25:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: Caveman on June 12, 2021, 11:24:04 am ---Day 1 end

--- End quote ---
Being entirely inexperienced in 3D printing, but having some ancient knowledge of basic CAD, I am nevertheless rather impressed of your progress drawing the aircraft.  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I specifically chose this aircraft because of its simple forms. Revolve and loft is mostly what Iíve used here. Trickiest bits are cockpit and intake ducts. Iím not happy with the ducts, but the way Iíve split the model. I can adjust the ducts and just print a new nose if I want to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version