Hot Research Topics > Camouflage, Colors, and Markings

How do you do "salt wash" for model paints?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rickshaw:
OK, thanks.  Dizzy, "APC"?  What is that?

zenrat:
I must admit that salt is better on 1/25 cars than 1/72 aircraft.
However, finely ground salt on a 1/72 aircraft could be used to avoid the OTT weathering it is all to easy to end up with when using hairspray.

Dizzyfugu:

--- Quote from: rickshaw on December 28, 2020, 01:44:07 am ---OK, thanks.  Dizzy, "APC"?  What is that?

--- End quote ---

All Purpose Cleaner, or some other detergent/soap to break the water's surface tension. Otherwise you do not have much control about where the applied water ends up. Sorry, that's my professional side when you do advertising for Procter & Gamble...  ;)

rickshaw:

--- Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 28, 2020, 02:44:05 am ---
--- Quote from: rickshaw on December 28, 2020, 01:44:07 am ---OK, thanks.  Dizzy, "APC"?  What is that?

--- End quote ---

All Purpose Cleaner, or some other detergent/soap to break the water's surface tension. Otherwise you do not have much control about where the applied water ends up. Sorry, that's my professional side when you do advertising for Procter & Gamble...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Ah, OK, thanks.  What do you, professionally, apart from build models?

zenrat:

--- Quote from: rickshaw on December 28, 2020, 06:48:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dizzyfugu on December 28, 2020, 02:44:05 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Ah, OK, thanks.  What do you, professionally, apart from build models?

--- End quote ---

Temporal Mechanic?   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version