Hot Research Topics > Camouflage, Colors, and Markings

How much is "too much" weathering?

<< < (2/2)

Weaver:

--- Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2020, 10:59:44 am ---
--- Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2020, 03:36:44 am ---Off at a tangent: I always find the placement of that targeting pod on station 10 peculiar. It's inboard of a pair of AIM-9s that block a fair chunk of it's field of view. You'd think it'd be better on stations 1 or 11 where there's nothing outboard of it...  :unsure:

--- End quote ---

That's what JTACs are for, Weaver.

--- End quote ---

What, you want to carry a JTAC on station 10?

scooter:

--- Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2020, 11:34:00 am ---
--- Quote from: scooter on August 27, 2020, 10:59:44 am ---
--- Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2020, 03:36:44 am ---Off at a tangent: I always find the placement of that targeting pod on station 10 peculiar. It's inboard of a pair of AIM-9s that block a fair chunk of it's field of view. You'd think it'd be better on stations 1 or 11 where there's nothing outboard of it...  :unsure:

--- End quote ---

That's what JTACs are for, Weaver.

--- End quote ---

What, you want to carry a JTAC on station 10?
--- End quote ---

:wacko:

joncarrfarrelly:

--- Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2020, 03:36:44 am ---Context is key. An aircraft that's two years into a hard and dirty war is likely to be looking a bit shabby. An aircraft that's sitting in the static park at an airshow, not so much.

Off at a tangent: I always find the placement of that targeting pod on station 10 peculiar. It's inboard of a pair of AIM-9s that block a fair chunk of it's field of view. You'd think it'd be better on stations 1 or 11 where there's nothing outboard of it...  :unsure:

--- End quote ---

Probably because that station has the necessary wiring in place as it can support a Maverick, like
Station 3.

Dizzyfugu:
"Slightly worn..."

Note the bird poo on the fin on this Macedonian Frogfoot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version