Hot Research Topics > Camouflage, Colors, and Markings

How much is "too much" weathering?

(1/2) > >>

Dizzyfugu:
Well, reality is sometimes stranger than real life, esp. when it comes to weathering models. Sometimes, things look overdone and awkward - but reality can be even more exaggerated!

For instance, these GAU-8 soot stains under a (normally uniform light grey with a dark fake canopy) A-10...  :rolleyes:

Have you found similar cases? Put them here, for reference and inspiration.  :lol:

loupgarou:
Don't try to deceive me, Dizzy! It's very recognizable as one of your jobs. ;D

Weaver:
Context is key. An aircraft that's two years into a hard and dirty war is likely to be looking a bit shabby. An aircraft that's sitting in the static park at an airshow, not so much.

Off at a tangent: I always find the placement of that targeting pod on station 10 peculiar. It's inboard of a pair of AIM-9s that block a fair chunk of it's field of view. You'd think it'd be better on stations 1 or 11 where there's nothing outboard of it...  :unsure:

zenrat:
IME you know when you've applied too much weathering just after its too late.

scooter:

--- Quote from: Weaver on August 27, 2020, 03:36:44 am ---Off at a tangent: I always find the placement of that targeting pod on station 10 peculiar. It's inboard of a pair of AIM-9s that block a fair chunk of it's field of view. You'd think it'd be better on stations 1 or 11 where there's nothing outboard of it...  :unsure:

--- End quote ---

That's what JTACs are for, Weaver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version