Messerschmitt Me-321b Gigant or Car Ferry

Started by McColm, May 27, 2022, 06:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Most of the parts of the 1/72 H2013 Messerschmitt Me-321b Gigant German Glider kit are fragile. The interior ribbing construction has shattered when I made the first cut. So I have glued the fuselage sides after applying Micro Kristal Klear to all the windows, I also applied this to the two camshell doors at the front.
On my third attempt at gluing the wings together, they now have the flaps added and the cockpit glazing. No fingerprints on the clear parts this time.
The 30 inch wingspan does require a lot of handling and where to put it whilst it's drying. This will get some suitable engines at a later date. As the parts keep breaking this is turning into a whiff using my spares
To get around the landing gear, what about a flying boat. I was saving the Shorts Sunderland for a rainy day and  anyway I was planning to change the engines.

Steel Penguin

a masterfull idea, roll on, glide over, roll off.  :thumbsup:
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

McColm

Micro Kristal Klear in action, in the background something in 1/144 scale that I like to work on when I can't sleep.

The front view and yes I still haven't got any flooring for my flat.

Yes she is big.

McColm

I've been adding the engines from the 1/72 Shorts Sunderland Mk.lll and a pair of turbojets off the C-119 from one of the spares boxes. They need filler/putty and one engine cowling squared up on the other hand they are a good fit.

Steel Penguin

McColm  the last shot give the size away,  that is BIG!  but still watching this with interest.  :thumbsup:
Redone 19/08/15  the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady added 07/10/18   take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances.   wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront

McColm

A slight change in direction, as I have added a pair of Rolls-Royce Nene turbojets and its now turning into a flying boat with permanent landing gear.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

I'm seriously thinking about folding wings, as there's a natural joint where the wingtips bend upwards, plus every time I try and move it they snap off.
The next thing is the out rigger floats, I'm playing it safe floats on the wingtips and something similar to the Do-24.
The cargo hold is very dark even though all the windows are clear so I'll be on the look out for some vehicles to fit in the space.

Tophe

Folded wing may help also for stocking the model, without buying a larger house... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on June 02, 2022, 03:07:07 AM
Folded wing may help also for stocking the model, without buying a larger house... ;)
:thumbsup: