Mike McEvoy Tribute Build Thread

Started by NARSES2, December 31, 2021, 07:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Knightflyer on January 27, 2022, 07:48:36 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 26, 2022, 06:29:59 AM

Arrived this morning, many thanks. So my real world build is now a goer.

Glad they got there okay Chris, would love to see a picture of the finished build then done

I'll post it in this thread - but don't hold your breath  ;D
Decals my @r$e!

NARSES2

Just about got all the bits together that I need for my two builds. Hopefully get them started in a couple of weeks.
Decals my @r$e!

Hobbes

I've had a Hunter lying around for a while, decided this was a good excuse to build it. The Revell 1:72 is a very nice kit.

NARSES2

Just about to start mine, hopefully in the next week  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Nick

In the latest IPMS UK magazine is a lengthy tribute to Mike. 3 pages of glowing love and respect for him and the many roles he held over the years. Air Traffic Confuser made me laugh!

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on March 09, 2022, 01:33:44 PM
Air Traffic Confuser made me laugh!

Mike's ability to make me laugh is one of my fondest memories of the man  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

Freightdog862

Saw on my facebook feed that today would have been Mike 86th Birthday, raise a glass of your favourite tipple if you can tonight, mine will most likely be a cup of tea.

Colin   

NARSES2

Decals my @r$e!

Freightdog862

Tomorrow marks a year since our good friend Mike passed on. A good opportunity to raise another glass and remember his contribution to the SIG and modelling in general.

I still need to finish my tribute build, 80% there but the last 20% is always the hardest bit.  Now I have Telford out of the way I should be able to find the time.

Colin

PR19_Kit

Thanks for the reminder Colin, I certainly missed him at Telford this year, and continue to do so. :(
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

I too have my tribute about 80% done and it's been at that level for about 6 months. I must get on and finish it!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

I shall re-read his final Tailpiece whilst raising a glass  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!