Spanish Civil War Whifs

Started by stevehed, May 09, 2018, 12:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: stevehed on October 29, 2022, 04:30:29 AMNot perfect but I'm sure the camouflage paint will do it's job and hide some of my sins.

Camouflage demarcation "lines" can come in very useful at time.  :angel:
Decals my @r$e!

stevehed

Almost there. The lower wings went on straight enough. I drilled the interplane locating struts a little deeper but they proved to be a good fit. I used ordinary polystrene cement to increase the waggle time. The secret weapon as far as this kit is concerned is the small lips that the cabane struts sit on. This pretty much ensures you get them into the right position. The rigging holes were drilled before the wings went on but as long as the rudder is fixed before hand all that is needed is to allow the glue to go tacky and then upend the kit onto the top wing. Use that waggle time to get everything lined up and then support with paint tins and bottles etc. The undercarriage came from the Matchbox Fury. The Spanish were going to build the Osprey under licence so I reckoned they might have some spares curtesy of Hawker.

As this build comes to an end I've started the other 510. This one will be largely OOB and will represent yet another rebuild on the S91 after another prang. An upgrade of a 690hp Hisso from a Potez 54 bomber means I can use the kit fuselage as it comes. The main change will be the undercarriage.

63cpe

I like what you did to the Spad. This made me search and find out more about Spad and types that followed the s XIII. Interesting types!

Be joining you soon with a project in this same topic.

David aka 63CPE

NARSES2

Good to see progress being made Steve  :thumbsup:
Decals my @r$e!

stevehed

Thanks Gentlemen. David, you have me intrigued. Will plod on with the other 510 but It'll be back to WW1 soon as the ATF whif GB is approaching.

Wardukw-NZ

That's a little beauty Steve and a I do like the paint job ...I gotta do the Spad float plane ..just gotta  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

63cpe

This is what I mean Steve:

PXL_20221125_223511133 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

More on this topic here:
https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=49818.msg978223;topicseen#msg978223

Finally finished this project...

David aka 63cpe

stevehed

Just seen this David. A splendid example of kit bashing whiffery. Very impressive.