Seen Over Your House Today

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 04, 2007, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 27, 2022, 05:14:26 AMThe last two don't work, but the others are BRILL!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the links.
Glad you like them.Try the last one again.
Don't know what happened with the links. I've reattached the last one and, deleted the other link which didn't work. It was duplicating one of the other pictures.! :thumbsup:
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Mossie

Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner of North Flying.  It was dark so needed the Flight Radar app to complete the spot.  Must be fairly rare these days.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Flyer

Obviously there is a fire somewhere very close, but exactly where it is I don't know as there is nothing on social media and no visible smoke. For the last few hours the two locally based Air Tractors have been going back and forth over the house non-stop and before they started two As350's with bucket's went over in the same direction. Just now though I was treated to a high speed (for the type :rolleyes: ) very low fly over by a Cessna 337, obviously a spotter or director aircraft. I just love the way they sound. :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Flyer

Quote from: Mossie on January 12, 2023, 09:45:40 AMFairchild Swearingen Metroliner of North Flying.  It was dark so needed the Flight Radar app to complete the spot.  Must be fairly rare these days.

Metroliner's in general or just the one's in that airline? Don't know about where you are but they are still a very common sight in Australia. They are almost always shuttling FIFO worker's about. Have not gone past a major airport without seeing at least one of them in recent history, and see them all the time on flightradar24. :mellow:

Mossie

Both.  I've never seen a Metroliner before, or that particular airline.  Wiki says there were 196 in airline service in 2019.  Some airlines seem to have large numbers, mostly based in America and Aus.  North Flying have just four and seem to be a charter outfit so that would account for me not seeing them before.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Flyer

I've seen more of them than I would like, a hanger I used to work in was next door to a charter company that had several, they were constantly coming and going or simply sitting on the tarmac right in front of our door with their twin Garrett's screaming away deafening us all and usually coating our freshly painted aircraft in dirt, dust and debris... :banghead:

Captain Canada

The hospital helipad here in town is operational now. Been seeing quite a few of the ORNGE choppers overhead, as the flight path from there to their  London base is over my house.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

A couple of days ago the final 747, it'll be delivered to Atlas Air in the very near future.
It bears both Atlas Air and Apex Logistics logos.

You cannot view this attachment.

You cannot view this attachment.

"Conspiracy theory's got to be simple.
Sense doesn't come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated crap
actually is than they ever are about
whatever's supposed to be behind the
conspiracy."
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014