Fairey Rotodyne

Started by JoeP, August 07, 2002, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Here's some inspiration: BBC recordings of what the beast sounded like! Apologies if they've been previously shared. https://sound-effects.bbcrewind.co.uk/search?q=rotodyne

PR19_Kit

AMAZING that you found them Zac! And equally amazing that the Beeb actually recorded them!  :o Well done both.  :thumbsup:

But they're too quiet by around 50 db in reality, my ears weren't hurting like they did when the real thing imposed itself upon me in the mid 50s! 

The 7th track seems the most realistic, the bang when the tip jets start up if pretty authentic, just too quiet.  ;D

[Later] I've just read right through this thread, fascinating stuff. 
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Thanks you for sharing! This is amazing. I've always wondered how the ramjet at the tips would sound like once starting and at take off. But I was born too late and in a different country...thank you Zac!

David aka 63CPE

Steel Penguin

again thank you Zac.   at proper volume that must have been mind blowing!
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on November 20, 2022, 01:47:56 AMagain thank you Zac.   at proper volume that must have been mind blowing!

Probably quite similar to some of the bands you listen to  ;)  ;D  :angel:
Decals my @r$e!

zenrat

It's good to hear what a Rotodyne actually sounded like.  Albeit not at lifelike volumes.

Thanks Zac.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..