avatar_BlackOps

Group Build Questions, Comments, and Suggestions

Started by BlackOps, November 15, 2005, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Perhaps a thought for the future that multiple GB's should not start and end at the same time?  Seems some of us need those last few days- me very much included- and it would be nice if they ran at different times. Overlap is fine, just not the same start and end dates.  Helps with long range planning.  Perhaps a month difference? 

Both the '46 and Africa GB's had nearly the same start and end dates, and the ship and VTOL GB's are following the same pattern.  Thank you. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Brian da Basher

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 10, 2011, 06:52:02 PM
Perhaps a thought for the future that multiple GB's should not start and end at the same time?  Seems some of us need those last few days- me very much included- and it would be nice if they ran at different times. Overlap is fine, just not the same start and end dates.  Helps with long range planning.  Perhaps a month difference? 

Both the '46 and Africa GB's had nearly the same start and end dates, and the ship and VTOL GB's are following the same pattern.  Thank you. 

I second this motion!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

I've thought along similar lines too, we get around to a bit less than one a month, so how about we kick off monthly, if there's a gap it doesn't matter too much?  Sounds like a lot more work, but it wouldn't have to be.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

Staggered makes a lot of sense, and just takes a little more planning  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

#109
I think the monthly start dates were basically agreed upon in the "Poll for 2011 GBs" thread. The idea being that with a length of three months, there'd always be three GBs on the go at any given moment. Kinda like this...



Only it wouldn't be so tidy because of possible GB extensions...  :lol: (which, I think, shouldn't interfere with start dates of the next GBs).
I think the One-Week GB should be exempt from this. Don't know about other "special" GBs such as Secret Santa, though.
Cheers,
Moritz


Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Zombolt

Question

I had to order a new memory card for my camera, yet I have a kit to build, can I make a post about it and post pictures after I get my new memory card?

NARSES2

Quote from: Zombolt on June 16, 2011, 05:39:22 PM
Question

I had to order a new memory card for my camera, yet I have a kit to build, can I make a post about it and post pictures after I get my new memory card?

If the kit is in a specific Group Build and that GB has officially finished then PM the GB Moderator for advice.

Don't forget you can always put your pictures and backstory up in the General Modelling area as well

Chris
Decals my @r$e!


MilitaryAircraft101

With themed builds, do they have to adhere with all of the "Group Build" criteria, (which are official) or can I just whack in a thread with rules and start it?

Hobbes

You should first find out if there's sufficient interest. Otherwise we'd end up with 'theme builds' with only one participant, which defeats the point.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on September 21, 2011, 01:32:10 PM
With themed builds, do they have to adhere with all of the "Group Build" criteria, (which are official) or can I just whack in a thread with rules and start it?

You just did!  ;D

And there's LOTS of interest too.  :thumbsup:
Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Hobbes on September 21, 2011, 01:43:54 PM
You should first find out if there's sufficient interest. Otherwise we'd end up with 'theme builds' with only one participant, which defeats the point.

Harro is right. Make sure you have enough genuine interest, then float your proposed rules, then re check your numbers, then go for it.

The reason I'm saying check and check again is because it's very easy to get carried away with fresh ideas (I do all the time) but you might find people over commit ? One way around the fact that some will want to get involved with numerous Themed Builds is to offer a generous timescale. Above all use the PM system to consult with those expressing an interest in your idea. It will just help concentrate the mind a little better. I suppose in a way there is no minimum number of participants - as long as it's not just you, in that case start your own thread in the General Modelling section. Once you are sure of the level of commitment then go with it.
Decals my @r$e!

perttime

Just an idea: no promises that I'll do anything further about it myself.

Civilianized military aircraft.

Everybody is putting "wrong" military color schemes or insignia on military aircraft. What if... you took a military aircraft and made it into your private civilian sports transport. Maybe the "real" aircraft is larger than what you really want? Make it smaller, as long as you will fit inside. There might be room for a 1:48 pilot in a 1:72 F-16...

lancer

Quote from: perttime on January 13, 2012, 04:02:19 AM
Just an idea: no promises that I'll do anything further about it myself.

Civilianized military aircraft.

Everybody is putting "wrong" military color schemes or insignia on military aircraft. What if... you took a military aircraft and made it into your private civilian sports transport. Maybe the "real" aircraft is larger than what you really want? Make it smaller, as long as you will fit inside. There might be room for a 1:48 pilot in a 1:72 F-16...

Already got a plans for one of these. I think I'll add it to this years build list. It IS a good idea though.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Caveman

Based on recent comments and threads, how about an F5/20 themed build?  Make anything you like from an f5/20?
secretprojects forum migrant