GROUP BUILDS > One Week Build - 2021

One Week Build 2021 General Discussion

(1/18) > >>

NARSES2:
Gentlemen

This is the place for your general chit chat etc

Chris

Weaver:
Bugger - I've just realised that I can't get the whole week off work. Our company's introduced new rules to stop people taking COVID-accumulated leave all at once, and you now have to give SIX WEEK's notice if you want more that three days off in row.

Not too bad though: if I book the Mon-Tue-Wed off, then hopefully I'll be painting by Thursday, so there'd be long paint-drying times when I couldn't do anything anyway, and Friday's an early finish.

zenrat:
Chuck a sicky on the Thursday and Friday.

Weaver:

--- Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2021, 04:40:28 am ---Chuck a sicky on the Thursday and Friday.

--- End quote ---

Can't: I've already had two genuine sickies since I restarted in January. One more and it's a disciplinary: not neccessarily something to worry about (they understand that shnitz happens) but I'd rather not go there if I don't have to...

AeroplaneDriver:

--- Quote from: Weaver on May 12, 2021, 06:34:11 am ---
--- Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2021, 04:40:28 am ---Chuck a sicky on the Thursday and Friday.

--- End quote ---

Can't: I've already had two genuine sickies since I restarted in January. One more and it's a disciplinary: not neccessarily something to worry about (they understand that shnitz happens) but I'd rather not go there if I don't have to...

--- End quote ---

You would think the whole experience of the past 15 months would have put a stop to disciplinary action for sick calls.  Even after a global pandemic some companies make people feel threatened to the point they will come to work when ill. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version