Picture Post > Plane Spotting

Seen Over Your House Today

<< < (1222/1222)

PR19_Kit:
A Wokka beating its way across a clear blue sky near Sywell today.

I couldn't help wondering how Northants looked to guys in the cockpit, or the LM hanging out of the open rear door as well.

I bet he was a bit chilly though!

Rheged:
Near Hereford  at 2:45 this afternoon. A sick of about 10 parachutes heading for the SAS lines at Credenhill.  Madame R reckons that they were heading for their afternoon tea-break.

perttime:
It has been a while since I last saw a passenger jet. Now, there has been a Finnair Embraer 190 doing approaches for the last hour or two.

https://www.flightradar24.com/2021-11-06/10:00/12x/61.38,23.59/10

KiwiZac:
Our airport is playing host to regional competitions so there's been loads of activity around, mainly of the Cessna and Piper variety, but the highlight so far was the local de Havilland Venom flying a display for the participants. I wasn't there but our house is under the approach so I stood in the driveway with a cold drink and enjoyed him passing over and around.

KiwiZac:
Actually from a couple of days ago, De Havilland DH.84 Dragon ZK-AXI burbled by, following the coast. CAUTION: OBJECT IN PHOTO WAS CLOSER THAN IT APPEARS  ;D
ZK-AXI Whanganui 101121 Zac Yates by Zac Yates, on Flickr
ZK-AXI Whanganui 101121 Zac Yates by Zac Yates, on Flickr

I'm hoping they'll stop here on the way home for fuel. It and several other DH aircraft, and the Anson Mk.I, are taking part in commemorating the centenary of the first flight made in the South Island city Nelson. Apparently they've been doing a roaring trade in scenic/joy flights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version